Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need new in car power cable
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need new in car power cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roonaldo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Need new in car power cable Reply with quote

Last night the end of my power cable fell off and the fuse came out and since putting it back together it no longer works. I was wondering what charger I would need as a replacement. I have read the V3 ones work but cant seem to find any that don't have a curly wire.

Would it be possible to buy this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-CAR-CHARGER-ADAPTER-iPOD-VIDEO-MINI-MP3-PSP-UK_W0QQitemZ280114023943QQihZ018QQcategoryZ86533QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

then simply use the usb cable that came with the i3 initially to charge it?

thanks
BoneMan1946
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roonaldo,
Same thing happened to me Sad . However please check you still have power to your lighter socket before getting a replacement. When mine went, it "blew" the car's fuse and gave the impression it wasn't working. I tested it in another car and it worked fine. Suggest you check the I3 power cable in another car (if possible) and/or check the fuse for your lighter socket. You may find you don't have to buy any replacement Wink

Regards,

Ray.
roonaldo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have just saved me the effort of buying a new cable to find out it doesn't help!

The fuse in the car was spot on, brilliant. everything is working again now.

However I'm sure that before it stopped working the i3 could be switched on when plugged in even if the ignition wasn't switched on. But now you at least have to turn the key once so the battery comes on. Is this just me remembering wrong?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the cigarette lighter socket is active all the time, or switched with the ignition is a decision the manufacturer takes, and wires the car differently, so simply replacing a fuse should not be able to influence that. If you tell us which model car, and approximate age, someone may be able to confirm what behaviour they would expect...
roonaldo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, it's an x reg peugeot 206. Smile
BoneMan1946
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing,
Don't want to cross swords with a "fanatic" Wink but some car makers give you a choice. My current car (a Ford) and the one before (a Citroen) both had two positions for the appropriate fuse; one for "ignition controlled" and one for "always on".

Roonaldo,
If you can, please check your owner's handbook. That should have all the info. However, as Peugeot and Citroen are basically the same company, your Peugeot may well have the same "feature" as my old Citroen Wink .

Regards,

Ray.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneMan1946 wrote:
Don't want to cross swords with a "fanatic" Wink but some car makers give you a choice. My current car (a Ford) and the one before (a Citroen) both had two positions for the appropriate fuse; one for "ignition controlled" and one for "always on".
Now, that's interesting, and shows us fanatics can still learn a thing or two Wink

Or maybe it just shows we need to read the manual more, says a Citroen owner!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: