Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Needed with I3: Freezing, No Map, Missing POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed with I3: Freezing, No Map, Missing POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v-man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Help Needed with I3: Freezing, No Map, Missing POIs Reply with quote

Ok I3 unit is roughly 6 months old and running v8 Maps, software is 3.30. Only been used 2 or 3 times, useful piece of kit indeed.

Tried to load some custom POIs to it and message appeared about lack of memory. Reading the forums that issue is lack of internal memory, not lack of space on the 256Mb transflash. Reducing the files allowed me to upload them to unit.

Now weirdly the standard POIs have disappeared, as in you go to view them and the listings are blank - says No Matches Found. Custom ones will display though.

Reset the unit and it would freeze when trying to enter an address to navigate to, further reset resulted in a blank map, but able to enter address. Still no standard POIs though.

Need to try and resolve this, was hoping to use the I3 whilst I am away starting 20th May - eek.

Edit: Have removed all custom POIs with POIloader 2.4.1, didn't help.

Have found that if I reset unit with the transflash card installed it will display map correctly , but freeze when trying to enter navigation address (freezes on country). However if I reset with transflash card out the unit will ask for card once rebooted and then allow navigation address to be searched/entered, but the map is blank.

Edit2: After 2am now, have downgraded to 2.70 (thanks to guy(s) running http://gpsinformation.org/perry/). Map ok, original POIs appear ok and have loaded the customs too. Guess will have to see how it all performs once on the road.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: