Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman N40i SD card problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman N40i SD card problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pushandpull
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Navman N40i SD card problem Reply with quote

Having previously used TomTomGo, i3 and Nüvi300 I now have a Navman N40i which I am very pleased with except when it comes to the SD cards.
I have a 1Gb standard speed card and a 2Gb 133xspeed SD card.
I started off by inserting the 2Gb card with the intention of installing the Safety Camera database. First thing I did was to download the Speed-zoned Camera database. Used an excellent program I have called "Rename" to change the extensions to csv and shorten the names to eight characters. (This makes installing them with SmartST Desktop 2006 SE much easier.)
Having installed them all and been assured by SmartST that they had been successfully installed on the card I disconnected then powered up again and got an error message saying some map data had errors. When I went into Enable POIs I found that out of the 24 zones only 3 had actually installed. Reformatted the card and tried again - same result.
Thinking that maybe it couldn't handle high-speed card I then tried again using the 1Gb standard speed card but got the same result yet again!
I then gave up on the card and installed them to the Internal memory whereupon they installed, enabled and worked perfectly!

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Navman only recommend the use of 512Mb cards.
Can anybody confirm if this in fact the case and what the reasoning is behind it?
.....Ken

TT940 Live TTG920T, TTG700, TTG Classic, Nuvi1410
thegreatroberto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuffed a 2Gb in my N20 and all OK...........

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: