Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP 5915 with memory map and tom tom nav 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP 5915 with memory map and tom tom nav 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukbikenerd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: HP 5915 with memory map and tom tom nav 6 Reply with quote

I'm having real trouble switching between these. To get MM to work I need to soft reset, change both GPS and MM baud rate to 4800, and then it sometimes works, sometimes gives timeout error. On switching back to TomTom I reset GPS baud rate to 9600. After starting nav 6 I see 'No GPS device' for a bit, followed by 'Waiting for valid GPS signal'. The GPS icon in start is green. Just now I can't get Nav 6 to get past this at all, despite restarts etc. So far I have managed to get Nav 6 back once, and MM running twice, but am now stuck.
help please!
jcjeffe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year before I got a PPC my main interest was Memory Map OS maps. I spent ages looking at the Memory Map suport forum and one problem which I noted kept appearing was TT6 not working with Memory Maps. The problem was blamed on a badly written TT driver which hogs the GPS on the serial port. The cure seemed to be using a port sharer such as Xport which allows two devices to read the GPS data on the serial port.

However I now run TT6 and Memory Maps and never have a problem and dont use a port sharer because I dont ever want to use them at the same time. As long as you shut down one program before starting the other the GPS is immediatly available to the other without the soft reset. If you cannot remember if you shut the program down you can go to "Running Prograns" under "Memory". You can shut either program down from this menu and again the GPS is immediatly available to the other program. But if you want to run both at the same time then you need the port sharing software.

Chris
ukbikenerd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to run the two together, and I have stopped MM in the running programs box, and indeed done a soft and hard reset, but I still can't get TT to get a valid GPS signal. I suspect its still at teh wrtong baud rate or something. Any ideas?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both on a HP5500 and have had no TT problems since TT-V5. You really should be using the same baud rate settings in both as you are using the same GPS unit.

One issue I had with TT5 and TT6 is that it works (for me) far better when I set TT up to use "Other NMEA GPS" rather than "Other Bluetooth GPS" and you can then set the baud rate in TT just after you have selected the "Other NMEA GPS".
ukbikenerd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5915 has an integrated GPS unit, so there is no bluetooth option apprpriate. Where is the baud rate set in TT?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The baud rate slider comes up immediately after your select "other NMEA GPS". I have no idea how this will work with an internal GPS.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: