Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 Sound issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 Sound issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: 720 Sound issues Reply with quote

I posted this in another forum, but no replies yet...

Can someone with a 520 or 720 check this for me, to see if it is a bug or just a funny on my machine, as I want to report it to TT:

Select a "Real" voice
Go to preferences / Voice Preferences / Disable voice

You should hear no navigation instructions (POI warnings and mps3 still play)

Select a Text to Speech voice:

Now the voice will not shut up, even though if you tap the bottom left of the screen it says "you have not selected a usable voice".

This means that with mp3s playing over FM, there is no way to stop them muting for instructions if you have a TTS voice selected.

**Update** Was playing with it on the way home tonight (all I was doing was switching between voices and trying "disable/enable voice") and now the built-in POI warnings have stopped sounding (although it's not the same issue as when it occasionally forgets the entire "warn when near" settings). Confused
timmys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 720 Sound issues Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I posted this in another forum, but no replies yet...

Can someone with a 520 or 720 check this for me, to see if it is a bug or just a funny on my machine, as I want to report it to TT:

Select a "Real" voice

You should hear no navigation instructions (POI warnings and mps3 still play)

Select a Text to Speech voice:

Now the voice will not shut up, even though if you tap the bottom left of the screen it says "you have not selected a usable voice".

This means that with mp3s playing over FM, there is no way to stop them muting for instructions if you have a TTS voice selected.

**Update** Was playing with it on the way home tonight (all I was doing was switching between voices and trying "disable/enable voice") and now the built-in POI warnings have stopped sounding (although it's not the same issue as when it occasionally forgets the entire "warn when near" settings). Confused

I get that too on my 720 and it has been mentioned on this forum before somewhere so you are not the only one.

I wrote to TomTom support earlier this week (making sure I said that tapping bottom left to test wouldn't show the fault). I got the following reply:

"The incident you reported is escalated to our 2nd Line Support Technicians for further research. We will notify you immediately when they have resolved the incident.
Thank you very much for your understanding."

Not much help, but to be honest I was glad to not receive a reply which showed they had completely misunderstood me.

Feel free to contact support as well as maybe it will but pressure on them to sort it out. Having to select a non-computer voice is very annoying as then text messages don't get read out.

Last edited by timmys on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't vouch for that but ever since teh last update my voices have been up and down all the time
thestarsshine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it's escalated to 2nd line support, it means we were unable to find a resolution via other agents and our own on-site second line support.

Now about putting pressure on us to resolve it..If we can't solve it, we send it to 2nd line support, and the more they get saying "Hey we can't answer this but we're getting a lot of these - help please?!" the faster we should get a resolution, or at least a "We're working on it". Hope that helps some =\ But it IS a known issue.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestarsshine wrote:
When it's escalated to 2nd line support, it means we were unable to find a resolution via other agents and our own on-site second line support.

Now about putting pressure on us to resolve it..If we can't solve it, we send it to 2nd line support, and the more they get saying "Hey we can't answer this but we're getting a lot of these - help please?!" the faster we should get a resolution, or at least a "We're working on it". Hope that helps some =\ But it IS a known issue.
Are you an employee of, and speaking on behalf of, TomTom? Or are you quoting from a communication you've had from them?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
timmys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a reply from the 2nd tier of support on this issue:

"Dear ,

May we apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

Our second line team has advised that this issue has been reported to our developers and it only occurs with computer voice as customer reported. It will be fixed in one of the coming software updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: