Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq Sleeve with Ipaq 3850. Need Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq Sleeve with Ipaq 3850. Need Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Ipaq Sleeve with Ipaq 3850. Need Software Reply with quote

I've been trying program after program and the only programs that come close to working are Copilot Live 5 and Tom Tom Navigator 5. I'm having problems with Tom Tom 5 because it has a problem obtaining a valid gps signal. Copilot works but, I don't have US maps and am having a very hard time finding them. Does anyone have maybe an older version of Tom Tom Navigator that will work for the Ipaq Sleeve (Navman 3000)?
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 5 Reply with quote

I just checked something out with Tom Tom 5 and wonder if anyone here knows how I can change the Tom Tom 5 Navigator's GPS driver? I looked at what version I had to see some info and noticed that it's using a GPS Driver version 1.20 Someone at one time had me go to http://www.griffinnet.co.uk/downloads.htm to download a Tom Tom GPS driver which I'm able to use and able to obtain a fix with my Ipaq Sleeve. I get Lat and Lon information and also how fast I'm driving. Is there a way of getting this driver into the Tom Tom Navigator?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my personal website btw! I'm not clear as to what is not working? The GPS is working Ok outside of TomTom but TomTom can't get any data is that it?
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Here's what the problem is Reply with quote

One day I downloaded the Tom Tom Navigator GPS driver and used it to see if I can pick up any satellite signals. While driving home it was able to get a fix and was picking up around 8 signals. It switched through modes normally and continued to have a fix. I received lat and lon data and also the speed that I was driving at. That let me know that the Ipaq sleeve was definitely working. I then decided to install Tom Tom 5 and I'm able to configure it to recognize the device but, it comes up that it has no valid gps signal. Even though I'll check the status and see that it is picking up satellites, I still don't get a valid gps signal to actually be able to use the program. So, yes the gps is working because I used CoPilot Live 5 and it was able to get a fix but, it couldn't show where I was since I didn't have the US Maps and it also sucks that I don't have the activation code either. The question I have is if the gps driver in Tom Tom Navigator 5 and the driver from Tom Tom Navigator gps driver are the same, meaning that Tom Tom Navigator uses the same driver as the gps driver. If so, then is there a way to upgrade the Navigator 5 gps driver to the one in the Tom Tom Navigator GPS Driver? The driver version in Tom Tom 5 that I see is version 1.20
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right. You need to uninstall the TomTom GPS Driver. This was only a separate driver in Versions before Version 5. From 5 onwards the driver is built into the application. As you have it now, the separate GPS driver is blocking TomTom's access to the GPS.
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Aaaaahhh!!!!! Reply with quote

I'll do that and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Aaaargh!!! Reply with quote

Well that didn't work. I'm going to try a different version of Tom Tom 5. I believe it's Tom Tom 5.21 I let you know what happens. Do you by any chance have an older version of Tom Tom Navigator or know where I could get it? It would really suck if I got this sleeve for no reason at all. The only program that works 100% for it right now is CoPilot Live 5 but, I don't have any US maps nor the activation for it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: