Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - can't turn off GPSAssist option
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

can't turn off GPSAssist option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: can't turn off GPSAssist option Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm just trying GPSAssist and it seems to work very well even I'm using WM2003, no problems but one thing drives me a little bit crazy:
I can't turn off the "Show nearest POI as Fav20" option. Even when I'm untick the check box in the detector settings the navigator replace my POI icons with the 20 icon when the poi is detected.

Does anybody have a clue ?

Second thing: Does anybody know any working tomtom add-on which can do point-to-point navigation beside GPS Assistant ?

Cheers,
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a known bug. What you can find is that the Fav20 icon only happens if I recall correctly when you are approaching a POI, when you have passed it, it will show the correct POI icon if you have it disabled.

This is a long outstanding bug which the author has been aware of, but seeing that GPSAssist was only written for TTN1, and he hasn't re-written a TTN2 version, I very much doubt we will see any further updates from him.
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: ... any add-on that allows point-to-point Reply with quote

Hi

GPSAssist requires you to enter all the points as favourites in Tom Tom first. I find it just as easy to use Tom Tom and not bother with GpSAssist at all. The pickup between points with GPSAssist is far from faultless, and it is anyway just as quick to simply select the next destination from the favourites in Tom Tom. (If any police are reading I promise that I pull over to do this!).

I find CoPilot much better than GPSAssist for POI warning - and it is free, and in ongoing development (GPSAssist appears to have been abandoned!)

Ted

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: