Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Location of Favorites file on TT GO 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Location of Favorites file on TT GO 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Location of Favorites file on TT GO 700 Reply with quote

My TT GO 700 has just come back from TT for a guarantee repair (note to others - TTs are covered by a TWO year guarantee, regardless of the one year guarantee from the dealer it was purchased from).

Anyway, it came back loaded with the standard factory software, so I loaded my most recent backup - copy & pasted with Windows Explorer, hoping I would get back to my most recent configuration before it broke.

The buttons and everything are as I set them, the problem is that my favorites have disappeared. When I go to Navigate To... Favorites, the Favorites button is greyed out and inoperative.

This is serious, I had loads of favorites and I can't face the thought of setting them all up, again. Does anyone know where the TT keeps the favorites information, so that I can try and see what has gone wrong?

I have got about 20 backups I can go to, as I always did a backup whenever I updated the speed cameras.

Thanks
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a file called MapSettings.cfg, you need to copy it from your back ups to the map folder. Why when restoring the backup it didn't work i have no idea, unless you have 2 maps and the current active one hasn't been updated.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess the map is the answer as given by andydigital44. Have you looked to see if you can switch maps (meaning you've got more than one)?

My GO700 has now had three maps (can't be certain, but I think they are v606, v660 and now the latest - definitely 675.1409).
Map folders called ...

1. Western_Europe-Map - contents are generally dated Feb or March 2006.
2. Western Europe - new issue 28th November 2006.
3. Western and Central Europe - new issue 17th April 2007.

For all three, the settings file is MapSettings.cfg (for other models, it did undergo some name changes, but not the 700), so copying a backup one should set you to rights. Note the latest (675.1409) is so much bigger than the two previous ones that you would not have that, plus another map.

(Do tell me you had Win Explorer set to show all files and extensions when you were doing backup copies).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, it seems that everything copied across properly except that file. All's working OK, now. You've saved me a lot of work.

Thanks Dennis too - didn't see your post. Actually, I use Directory Opus, it's a far better file manager than Explorer - and it does 101 other things too ( a free upgrade next time, Greg?). I didn't mention D Opus earlier as I didn't want to confuse the issue.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: