Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PC Cannot see my TomTom GO 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Cannot see my TomTom GO 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aluaP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: PC Cannot see my TomTom GO 700 Reply with quote

Hi

Mobile Networks : my husband's is O2 Nokia, my personal phone is O2 (but I've upgraded to a Samsung E900 which TomTom don't support yet) and my work phone is Vodafone Nokia) So I thought I'd use my work phone for now.

Then I found that the traffic info would not work with Vodafone, so I rang TomTom helpline. After speaking to the helpdesk and explain about both networks (as above) they suggested the factory reset. Then after about 20 mins. they decided to tell me that you cannot have both O2 and Vodafone on the TomTom and get traffic info from both - the device has to be set up for one or the other. If I'd have known that I'd have stuck with O2 and not attemped the reset to try and get Vodafone working. :x

I'm now setup with the O2 mobile again on the device, but my PC now cannot see my TomTom 700 (I had no problems here before the above happened) - and I cannot see how or what to do from the TomTom Support page to get my PC to see my device again.

I've tried different USB ports. Several resets. Restore to factory settings. Also rebooted my PC. To no avail.

Again I've rang TomTom and they sent me a registery cleaner, not sure if that did anything, I opened the zipped folder, double clicked on the ''RemoveRegEntries_TTGOv1.exe'' a black window with white writing flashed up and then closed very quickly (too quick for me to read what it said).

Anyway the PC still couldn''t see the 700. Does anyone else have any suggestions. Confused

Tnx.
aluaP
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What version of software are you running on the TT?

When you say your PC can't see the TT is that when trying to use Home or Windows explorer or both?

The puzzling one for me is that TT said you can't have Vodaphone and O2 on the TT - I thought you could have, with the latest software, upto 5 mobile phones linked to the TT. I assumed that would not limit you to one network provider.

Regards
aluaP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RQ

The TT Version is 6.520

TT Home cannot see the device and when I go to 'My Computer' it cannot be seen there with the other drives.

I can have both phones/networks for making and receiving calls. But when it comes to TT Traffic Info. the Helpdesk, after saying do the Factory Reset, that I can't have both and if I wanted to change to Vodafone they would need to email me a new product code and the O2 setup would be removed.

The evening before I tried using Vodafone for Traffic Info. Updates, I connected the device to TT Home to download any new traffic cameras and it was seen and worked fine.

Tnx.
aluaP
aluaP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also TT Home I have installed is version 1.5 Build 032 (Jan 29 2007 11:57:44)

I see from the TT website that TT Home download is version 1.5.0.32 - is that the same as what I have installed Question

Tnx.
aluaP
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I believe the 2 versions of Home are one and the same thing.

I have been having a look around and have a few more questions & suggestions for you.

1. When you reset the TT and you restart it do you get the hands and the drum roll?

2. Sometimes the cable can be a bit awkward to insert in the back of the TT - have you double checked it is inserted correctly?

3. Do you have another cable to try?

Lets see if we can eliminate some of these things.

Regards

Q
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this link on yournav forum

http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7934
aluaP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RQ

I don't believe it - it's now seeing the device in TT Home and on my PC, and I've downloaded the up-to-date traffic cameras. Re your questions.

1. At the beginning yes - but was at work so didn't have the PC to connect it too. Then when I tried it on my PC I didn't get drum roll I got 'This device belong too.......'

2. I've had the cable in and out of the device so many times last week, trying to get it to work and plugging it into every USB hole on the PC, I've also wiggled it - I'm as sure as I can be that I've connected it properly - but you never know. Rolling Eyes

3. I don't have another cable to try - none of the other devices I have have a USB that small.

Thanks for your help with this and I hope that I don't have any more problems.

I am going to ask work if they will unlock my Nokia/Vodafone mobile, so when using TT I can put my O2 SIM in it, as I don't know how long it will be before TT add the Samsung E900 to their compatible phone list.

One other question - why sometimes (not everytime) when switching the TT off, after clicking on the 'My Device' on TT Home to disengage, and then pressing the power button on the device to switch it off does it not fully switch off - the screen goes grey rather than black and you can't switch it off or on again. And I have to reset using the hole at the bottom of the device.

Thanks again for your help.

aluaP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: