Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 360 & GTM 12 Traffic Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 360 & GTM 12 Traffic Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: nuvi 360 & GTM 12 Traffic Problems Reply with quote

Help...I have read all the post and i still cant get traffic working. Right i have the following:

Nuvi 360 - Latest SW version 3.5
GTM 12 Traffic Reciever.

I have plugged my nuvi into LAPtop via USB charger, gone to hidden menus and can see on the GTM status page that my traffic reciever locks onto ststion 136 (101.1 FM) and i can see the message counter incrementing , and recieved loads on messages. The signal level was 36.

However , and hers my problem, when i push the traffic icon on the NUVI , i just get the message "NO TRAFFIC DATA AVAIABLE" (EVEN THOUGH MY MESSAGE COUNTER IS INCREASING??)

I have an RAC unlimited subscription when i check the settings page

any ideas help would be greatly , greatly appreciated
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the GTM SW Version reporting as? - it should be 4,00 if its the latest.
The problem you have is the unit has decided to lock onto a Classic FM frequency, Classic FM broadcast iTIS Holdings traffic data which is used by TomTom, navman etc.
This is not information the Garmin can use, also putting your location in the country is a help when looking at RDS-TMC related issues as certain areas are known to be problematic for reception - Mike
steoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is GTM V4. I am located in St.helens, merseyside.

If i am locked to classic which is not garmin compatible, how do i chenge channel to the correct one, and what is the correct one?

thanks for help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would normaly get Traffic Master data via Century FM broadcasting on 105,4 (channel 179 in Garmin speak) - there would appear to be a problem with this radio station at the moment as its not transmitting the RDS-TMC for some reason (I actually drove up to the transmitter at Winter Hill yesterday to see if my GTM12 would work when closer - nothing picked up at all on 179).
When you get in range of a transmitter that is working correctly your device will pick up traffic information, near Manchester works well (channel 145) - but the North West is difficult at the moment until Winter Hill / 105,4 is fixed - Mike
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mike alder. I've travelled from Manchester to Liverpool then on to Stoke this morning. No blue diamond or traffic messages at all. I went slightly further down the motorway to Stafford, blue triangle appears and loads of traffic messages. Back to Stoke - nothing. Back to Liverpool - nothing. Back to Lancaster - nothing.

At least we now know it's not the GTM software. Wonder how we can gang up on trafficmaster to get the transmitter sorted?? Anyone any suggestions?
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: