Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Streetpilot c510 audible warnings missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Streetpilot c510 audible warnings missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikki1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Streetpilot c510 audible warnings missing Reply with quote

Hi guys
I just bought this Street pilot c510 everything else is working fine but the problem is that I don’t hear any audible warnings when I am approaching safety camera zone.
Is there any solution to this? Thanks for replying
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which camera database have you loaded? ... you have loaded a camera database, haven't you?

Also, press "Spanner" | "Proximity Points" | "Proximity Alerts - Change..." -

what have you got ticked in there?

Presumably, the audio is working for navigation instructions?
Skagg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy the C510D from Halfords & have a couple of questions you guys might be able to answer regarding camera databases. I've looked at the subscription database offered here but am unsure if the C510D is supported. I see the C series listed in the green section but there is not a "yes" next to it under the supported column?

Also if it does support the Garmin can the datadase present warning by camera type rather than a consolidated "appoaching a speed camera warning" that I beleive is what you get from the Garmin offical database.

Your thoughts would be most helpful in helping me replace a rather tired BlueMedia BM6300!
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skagg wrote:
Also if it does support the Garmin can the datadase present warning by camera type rather than a consolidated "appoaching a speed camera warning" that I beleive is what you get from the Garmin offical database.

The alerts from Garmin's own camera database are actually the more sophisticated of the two - and it knows about direction of travel. It uses a different version of the .GPI file that doesn't seem to have been made public.

That said, the Garmin database is twice the price of the one here and I'm not convinced as to the quality of its data. I found one camera (near Newcastle-under-Lyme) that is marked as being on the other carriageway. There doesn't seem to be a way of communicating this back to Garmin/Cyclops. You get a 3 month trial, so you will be able to see for yourself.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: