Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No satellite or bluetooth connectivity
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No satellite or bluetooth connectivity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_chris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: No satellite or bluetooth connectivity Reply with quote

First off...this is such a great resource and helped me decide what I wanted when buying my first GPS unit.

Second, this is not a Fortuna, but a Belkin F8T051, which (as I understand it) is the same thing with a different name. If there is a Belkin forum, I didn't see it and you have my apologies.

Ok...I'm in the US and I bought this thing on eBay. I got it, paired it with my iPaq rx3115 (WinMobile 2003SE) and it worked beautifully with TomTom USA 2.24.

Until about the 5th day...

I turned it on and all I got was the green power LED. No sat linkup LED on either st or xt and I cannot find it on any of my bluetooth enabled devices (PDA, computer and mobile phone). The power LED glows amber when plugged in (whether in st or xt mode), but again, that's all that is on. I will try the battery drain hard reset thing tonight, but I've already done that by accident except that I didn't fully charge it before I turned it back on.

Beyond that, if anyone else has any ideas on this I would be eternally grateful. I need this for my business and don't really want to have to drop another couple hundred bucks on a new one if I don't really have to (bought this one from a private party, as-is so I can't just trade it in for a new one).

Thank you so much in advance.
UKSkidMark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the ST-XT switch is slid all the way over. You'll need something small and sharp.

Do try pulling the battery and leaving it out for a while. I had similar problems with my Fortuna and that seemed to cure mine.
the_chris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a follow-up...

I contacted both Fortuna and Belkin. Belking is replacing the dead one for me free of charge (yay Belkin!).

Fortuna said that the problem occured in the first place because I used my PDA usb cigarette lighter adapter to charge it rather than the one provided with the GPS unit. They said that this is a problem that they have encountered before for the same reason. I'd forgotten I even did it until the Fortuna rep asked me, heh.

So a word of caution I suppose...only use the charger that comes with your Belkin/Fortuna Clip-on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: