Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - One, Bluetooth phone, calling, hands free, navigating etc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

One, Bluetooth phone, calling, hands free, navigating etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: One, Bluetooth phone, calling, hands free, navigating etc Reply with quote

Having used mobile 5 on my smartphone for years, I've just got a One (Mk2).

It is very nice, but I'm struggling with the fact that it seems to lose some of the 'all in 1' integration of mobile 5, even though I thought it said it provided at least some of it.

Having established a bluetooth connection between my MS Smartphone (HTC MTeor) and the One, I wondered if anyone could provide me with any hints or tips as to how I can:-

1. Get the One to phone the number of one of my POIs?
  2. Get the One to operate 'hands free' - it seems to say it can?
  3. Get the phone to navigate to the address of one of the Outlook contacts I have stored on my phone?

Any ideas about any of these very gratefully received.

Cheers

Eric
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have been mis-informed. Sad
The ONE only uses Bluetooth to a mobile phone for the TomTomPLUS services, ot any of the things you want to do.
For that you need one of the x10 range, I'm afraid.
Here's a features comparison chart:
http://www.tomtom.com/products/chart.php
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply - I was searching and gradually coming to that conclusion myself Sad

It wasn't something that I started off wanting to do. It was just when I saw the manual say 'You will still be connected to your mobile phone via Bluetooth and will still be able to receive and make hands-free calls' (http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/one2006/refman/TomTomONE_EN.pdf Page 39) and I misinterpretted their website saying 'Remembers up to 5 different mobile phones to connect to' (http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=234&Category=0&Lid=1).

And of course there was the thought that establishing the bluetooth connection was the difficult thing - once this has been done, why would you not go the last mile and provide this sort of functionality? I guess that is the reason why the One is quite a bit cheaper than the Go. It might have taken just a bit of the shine off it, but I have to say I still think it is a nice bit of kit!

Thanks again for your response.

Eric
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bb193 wrote:
It was just when I saw the manual say 'You will still be connected to your mobile phone via Bluetooth and will still be able to receive and make hands-free calls'

That's definitely an error in the manual. Looks like a copy and paste from the x10 range manual.
I think I'll email TT and tell them... I've not had a rude or meaningless reply from them for at least a week Laughing
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: One, Bluetooth phone, calling, hands free, navigating et Reply with quote

bb193 wrote:
It is very nice, but I'm struggling with the fact that it seems to lose some of the 'all in 1' integration of mobile 5, even though I thought it said it provided at least some of it.

Having established a bluetooth connection between my MS Smartphone (HTC MTeor) and the One, I wondered if anyone could provide me with any hints or tips as to how I can:-

1. Get the One to phone the number of one of my POIs?
  2. Get the One to operate 'hands free' - it seems to say it can?
  3. Get the phone to navigate to the address of one of the Outlook contacts I have stored on my phone?

Any ideas about any of these very gratefully received.

Cheers

Eric

You cant do any of the above, but you can download weather information via GPRS as well as TomTom traffic.
TomTom traffic works rather well in my opinion, better than TMC judging from peoples experiences on here.
You cant use TMC with TT1 anyway!

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: