Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Petition against Pay You Go Motoring.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition against Pay You Go Motoring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Petition against Pay You Go Motoring. Reply with quote

I received this email this morning advising a group of friends of the following petition against the Pay As You Go car tax scene. Seems its being kept quite deliberately in order to push it through. If you want to stop the government forcing you to purchase a black box for your car you will need to act sooner to stop them.

Quote:
Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio
apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to
the 'Pay as you go' road tax.The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it. This is legit... From the 10 Downing Street's website. Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition

You can petition against this by going to the following site:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Petition against Pay You Go Motoring. Reply with quote

nuttynurse wrote:
I received this email this morning advising a group of friends of the following petition against the Pay As You Go car tax scene. Seems its being kept quite deliberately in order to push it through. If you want to stop the government forcing you to purchase a black box for your car you will need to act sooner to stop them.

Quote:
Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio
apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to
the 'Pay as you go' road tax.The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it. This is legit... From the 10 Downing Street's website. Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition

You can petition against this by going to the following site:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Last I heard there were well over 750,000 signatures, but of course Tony bLiar says he is going to ignore them.............

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
In fact I think there's over 1 million now but never-the-less the more against it the better. Blair really hasn't got much left to lose, has he? and perhaps Gordon Brown is happy for Blair to pursue this so he does not start his premiership under this invasive action of robbing innocent people of their rights to privacy. I personally think it about time government remembered they are the servants of the people and not the masters. In one form or another we shell out a great deal for the privilege of driving our cars on the road. This is not going to make a fairer system or ease the problems of congestion as none of the revenue government takes off us seems to get ploughed back into developing alternative forms of transport, to improving the existing transport networks, or to improve the appauling roads that we already have. I hope people will stop and consider the implications of all this legislation before Blair is able to impose yet another attack upon the motorist. But more importantly we should be concerned with our right to privacy, our right to be able to go about our business without being supervised and constantly monitored. How's this really going to benefit the public as a whole? How's it going to deter the criminal willing to steal your car for a joy ride. Can't they simply rip out you "black box" to go undetected? This is surely not just about taxation, congestion and pollution either, is it? How many billions of pounds of taxation has Mr Brown raised through petrol and road tax since coming to power with Blair ten years ago? And how much of this has been spent on improving public transport in all that time? I wouldn't mind betting you more has been made than spent. We have developed national distribution companies requiring great fleets of lorries to deliver to local large supermarkets around the country, killing off our local villages and towns, businesses and forcing many to drive miles to buy their groceries. Local schools, hospitals, post offices and the likes again closed necessitating people to drive rather than walk. People now need to commute many miles to work etc, etc. You can bet your life this is not so much about making these problems easier as they are about raising taxes to pay for some of the more ludicrous policies this government makes. Is this going to be any fairer on the lower paid person? of course not. Those who can afford luxury vehicles will be able to pay to use the better roads at what ever time of day they chose. Commercial vehicles will have the price passed onto the consumer. The rest of us will be trying to escape the high charged periods by detouring around the A and B catergory roads. Speed cameras can be done away with as the satelites will be able to plot our course and speed instantly posting us a NIP when ever we stray over the limit. Your in car speed camera detector won't help you here giving even greater potential to raise taxes through fining motorist because even if you are on a quiet country lane the spy in the sky will have seen you as you edge over the speed limit. You whole journey in the car will be ever more stressful as you fear to take your eyes from the speedo.. What wrong with having the police back out on the streets and on the roads doing the job they are paid to do, rather than have them sat in stations. 8)
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Apparently there is also a new petition against speedcams according to the Daily Mail today
theripper
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Signed against that one too.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe this is actually wrong... pretty sure i read somewhere that it was an idea that suddenly got emailed round everywhere but isn't actually going to happen..

pretty sure i saw a newspaper headline along the lines of 'new car tax lies all wrong' or something the other day. i hardly read papers so not sure what it said but i assume it was going on about this.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: