Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Change in Icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Change in Icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Change in Icons Reply with quote

I just downloaded a free offer from Navmans Safety Camera site and coincidentally loaded the latest PGPSW POIs. Somehow all the Camera locations/icons for the PGPSW camera locations have changed to a green PushPin icon.

Anyone else experienced this. Could be a simple reason and I am investigating, but anyone else experienced this?
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which device and software version do you have?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheM wrote:

See my profile Wink

N20 with Smart ST 2006. Since posting original "help", I have been back onto the desktop software and reloaded the bitmap files, but they still do not show as the correct icons. Strange, they have always worked before. It was only after I downloaded the 'special offer' from Navman with their own update of their cameras that this occured. Crying or Very sad
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
TheM wrote:

See my profile Wink

N20 with Smart ST 2006. Since posting original "help", I have been back onto the desktop software and reloaded the bitmap files, but they still do not show as the correct icons. Strange, they have always worked before. It was only after I downloaded the 'special offer' from Navman with their own update of their cameras that this occured. Crying or Very sad

Hi,

Thought you were using the pocketpc world safely camera with your unit, I don't understand why you were download the free navman safety camera to your unit instead you already has the pocketpc world safety camera software in your unit before. Confused

Is there something wrong with your unit of the pocketpc world safety camera software you don't like it until you try like it to have the free download navman safety camera to your unit for a test. 8O
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thought you were using the pocketpc world safely camera with your unit, I don't understand why you were download the free navman safety camera to your unit instead you already has the pocketpc world safety camera software in your unit before. Confused

Is there something wrong with your unit of the pocketpc world safety camera software you don't like it until you try like it to have the free download navman safety camera to your unit for a test. 8O

Yes, I am using the PGPSW Camera POIs and I have left the pre-installed Navman Cameras on the N20. As mentioned, when I was accessing the Desktop to update the latest PGPSW cameras, a message popped up from Navman saying there was a free camera update available. Not being able to resist anything free, I downloaded it and ever since, there are a number of cameras showing as Pushpins. Serves me right for being greedy.
The PGPSW POIs are very good. They are more comprehensive than any others so I really should stick with them and not bung the machine up with anything else. Wink
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho right I see know what you mean. 8)

Yes as anyone's don't like to up the unit everything's as I have two gps satnav unit of 750 and N60i and rather leave it alone not to mess it up the same like computer xp and now the new windows Vista is a harder one to find of where the dam progammer software is Rolling Eyes and all this wow wow stuff is annoying me :x I has demo looking at the laptop at curry's shop to learn it what is about, I would wait for about six months time or near a year time to buy the windows Vista unitl I have learn from the peoples from the microsoft forum website who has problem with the windows vista of some software's is not working as goes the same thing not to up the machine eh. 8O

Best wait for a while to see how these goes of always learn it not to buy it straight away like that of mess up the first place of ruin everything's.

I don't know if any gps satnav will work on windows vista how to update it, etc. hoping the next new gps satnav to work on windows vista very soon in the near future. So there AGAIN always goes saying, "DAM WHERE THE DAMMING PROGAMMER IS ! " in the 21st centry Sad . Well everybody's thinkiing wishing the gps satnav has bulit-in bluetooth wireless to update it near the computer like mobile phone scan picture, yeah right, wot Embarassed Am I dreaming that the knight Rider is coming on this 2007 something, love those the car with all bulit-in of gps satnav uphead display on window screen, t.v, phone talking, inside the dashboard.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

Green pin icons are default icons to use for custom POIs when specific icon is not provided. You mentioned in your initial post that you uploaded camera info from two sources -- free one and from Navman. Navman safety camera data is not in custom POI format, but free data would be, so free data would take precedence for display (software assumes user has a good reason to go through the hassle of creating its own POI data or downloading it from somewhere) and show over Navman icons (if both sets are correct they should show in the same position). Free data probably has broken icon, or it is not provided, so green pin icons are displayed instead.

If you want to try to fix you free data, find "custompoi.xml" file in Navman directory, open it up, and check "bitmap" field value, should contain something like MyPOI\somename.bm. If "bitmap" is missing or its value is wrong, best use Custom POI editor to create one random POI with icon of your choice , cut'n paste its "bitmap" entry into your free speed cam data entry and then get rid of random POI you just created. Note that "bitmap" can only point to icon in Navman's "bm" format, not other image formats are allowed.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free data probably has broken icon, or it is not provided, so green pin icons are displayed instead.

That was the answer, thanks Wink
I re-checked the icon files and they were missing. Reason was that I had assumed, when uploading the latest PGPSW POIs that, as before, the camera icons would remain from the previous upload. They didn't this time, maybe Question because the Navman Cameras that I had accepted from the special offer had something to do with it. Anyway, your suggestion has done the trick and all are back in situ. Again, many thanks Wink
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

You're welcome. Smile

Gee-Pee wrote:
They didn't this time, maybe Question because the Navman Cameras that I had accepted from the special offer had something to do with it.

Unlikely. Their special offer is not in custom POI format and gets installed into POI directory (both data and icons), not MyPOI as your free data would. Also, special offer would leave "custompoi.xml" unmodified as it is not custom POI.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheM wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:

You're welcome. Smile

Gee-Pee wrote:
They didn't this time, maybe Question because the Navman Cameras that I had accepted from the special offer had something to do with it.

Unlikely. Their special offer is not in custom POI format and gets installed into POI directory (both data and icons), not MyPOI as your free data would. Also, special offer would leave "custompoi.xml" unmodified as it is not custom POI.

Then, just put it down to user incompetance Embarassed I'm not unknown for making errors................ Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: