Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 wont power up or down
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 wont power up or down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mort66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: 910 wont power up or down Reply with quote

my new 910 wont turn on or off, just a faded blue screen??????? any help. can you reset them.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset the unit using a pin, you need to look HERE to find the correct location to prod - Mike
mort66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: thanks, but still no Reply with quote

tried reset but still froze, when i put it on charge the green light comes on , but if there was no power in battery there should be black screen ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK it shouldn't be doing this at all, try holding the reset button down for 30 seconds and see if that makes a difference - if not I suspect the unit has packed up for some strange reason. When docked to the PC can you see the TomTom device in Windows Explorer or not? - Mike
mort66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

cant detect it on pc or with tomtom home. it was working up until i checked for updates on home. found reset button do you press down the sleeve around the silver pin ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO I don't think you have found the reset hole at all, if the pin you refer to is adjacent to the contacts on the connector strip that is for the GPS external feed so don't prod/ press this!
Looking at the underside of the unit you will see a large rubber plug/ bung at the Top of the device, to the imediate right and slightly lower is a small recess in the plastic moulding, within this recess is a hole - this hole is the reset switch, view the link I provided in the earlier post the first picture provided is the one you want the arrow clearly shows the correct location - Mike
mort66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

ok i am the first to admit i am a dumb ass, found it and got it going, many thanks, do you know anything about the go 300? my wife has one but the navigate to home button will not work. it has disabled itself, so you have to keep putting in your address, any help on this one. again many thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear your 910 is back in the land of the living, one other bit of advice I will offer is you need to back the unit up fully to your PC - have a read through the links provided on THIS Page for additional information.
For the Go-300 I would try Change Preferences/ Change Home Location and set the address again, it sounds like it has lost the location - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: