Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 6 on HP Ipaq 4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 6 on HP Ipaq 4700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geedee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: TT 6 on HP Ipaq 4700 Reply with quote

Hi
I currently run TT5 on an IPaq 4700 which works reasonably well (occasionally drops out after an hour or so).

Can anybody tell me if TT6 would would work OK. It runs windows mobile 3.

Could someone please tell me of TT6 runs in seamless mode or do you use it as per TT5.

Thanks

Graham
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It does run on the hx4700, but only when the IPAQ has been upgraded to WM5. I have actually un-installed it. I get so (use your own words here) about the fact the every time I soft reset and in some cases turned the unit off and on, it started TomTom. Why? I need control, not TTN6. My licence was then transferred (avoiding issues with the Licencing police) to my Nokia N80, which has worked really well, if a bit slow. To me to the only real advantage was that I can now see if I should be below or above another road...

To some up - stick with TTN5 unless you want the maps, and even the you can now buy the Updated maps for TTN5 from TT.
geedee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: TT6 Reply with quote

Thanks Simon

I also upgraded to WM5 and still had grief with TT Mobile 5.
TTMob 5 runs very well on my old Nokia 3230 and I travelled Europe with it last year no problems.
Prob is with the screen size.

Does the TT6 run seamless maps?

Graham
Burn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run TT6 on 4700 and wm3 and have upgraded to latest version of TT6 which was released a few weeks ago. 4700 is not on TT list of "tested" pda's. All works fine and no problems at all. As they say about wm5 on many forums it is not really compatable with the 4700, so if it aint broke don't fix it. I have had TT6 since if first arrived and would not have any reason to revert to TT5. Go ahead, follow the download instructions to the letter and all will be ok.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TT6 Reply with quote

geedee wrote:
Thanks Simon

I also upgraded to WM5 and still had grief with TT Mobile 5.
TTMob 5 runs very well on my old Nokia 3230 and I travelled Europe with it last year no problems.
Prob is with the screen size.

Does the TT6 run seamless maps?

Graham

Graham, Interesting you use the word seemless. If you go for the new version you can get Europe as one, but it is missing the detail of lakes and rivers etc as well as the individual country maps which are more detailed. I used this myself and liked it a lot but from my memory it takes 950Mb of SD or CF memory....
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn1 wrote:
I run TT6 on 4700 and wm3 and have upgraded to latest version of TT6 which was released a few weeks ago. 4700 is not on TT list of "tested" pda's. All works fine and no problems at all. As they say about wm5 on many forums it is not really compatable with the 4700, so if it aint broke don't fix it. I have had TT6 since if first arrived and would not have any reason to revert to TT5. Go ahead, follow the download instructions to the letter and all will be ok.

How did you get around the auto start issue with TTN6?
geedee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your views.
Simon,

I have had so much grief with the ipaq,I don't think I will bother upgrading, as my idea was to use the full mapping facility.

I note Burn1 finds the 4700 is OK, but, I have two friends who also have the same problems as I do and I am finding the customer service from HP nothing short of useless.

I thought maybe TT6 may have been the answer but I think I shall revert to plan B and purchase the new Nokia N95 as soon as it it available. TT Mobile runs very well on my current Nokia, but a larger screen would be very welcome.

Thanks again for you comments

Graham
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT will autostart when you insert the SD/CF card with the maps on. This will be the case if you do a soft reset as the op sys rediscovers the card. There is a directory (2577) in the top level of the MAP card. Just rename this to anything else (I use 1234) and it will prevent the autostart.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My folder 2577 has 4 files in it "AutoRun.exe", "autorun.exe-run", "ttn.cab" & "ttn2003.cab". I wasn't sure if any of them were needed so, rather than rname the whole folder, I renamed the first one "AutoRuna.exe". That has stopped it autostarting when I insert the SD card. Surprised
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, TT5.21 works fine on the 4700 with WM3 or WM5. V5.00 used to hang after about an hour - but that issue has been fixed for ages now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: