Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sumbitted POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sumbitted POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blakes999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Sumbitted POI Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and over the past couple of days have been add, amending and deleting POI's for my local area. (thanks P7HUT for introducing me to this Wink )

The question i have is whats the turn around time for submissions and when do they get added to the POI downloads?

UPDATE YOUR LOCAL AREA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience they are usually changed within a day or so,
You can usually see if there are any changes by the date at the end of the category or alternatively look at the map, they are usually light when submitted and waiting entry and show bold when they have been entered.
It would appear that oldie works hard at this so thanks to him,
I would also say support and submitt or verify your local POIs, there is still a lot of POIs missing in some categories and further categories are needed.
Hope this helps.
p7hut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Sumbitted POI Reply with quote

blakes999 wrote:
I'm new to the forum and over the past couple of days have been add, amending and deleting POI's for my local area. (thanks P7HUT for introducing me to this Wink )

You're welcome mate, and may I add you have done some outstanding work over the past few days Wink

I only hope that other area's are in a better state than mine were or they won't be much use to anyone. I swear some people must think that as long as it's within a mile of the correct position and bears some sort of resemblance to the correct Cat/Sub Cat then it'll be ok..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Space_Cowby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumbitted POI Reply with quote

p7hut wrote:

You're welcome mate, and may I add you have done some outstanding work over the past few days Wink

snipped.

How do you know who has submitted what POI ?
p7hut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumbitted POI Reply with quote

Space_Cowby wrote:
snipped

Don't know what that means, I must be getting old?
Space_Cowby wrote:
How do you know who has submitted what POI?

I don't, I only know what I have submitted...and what Blakes999 has. Did I mention he sits next to me at work, and I've seen every POI he's submitted in the last 5 days... but I'm still not sure as to where your question is leading?
Space_Cowby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was not leading anywhere tbh.

I imagined that somewhere on the POI info was the name of the person who had submitted it.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space_Cowby wrote:
was not leading anywhere tbh.

I imagined that somewhere on the POI info was the name of the person who had submitted it.

i believe that is in the database but not in the version we see on the site/downloads

oh, and by 'snipped' i believe he just meant that he'd cut off part of the original message when he provided the quote.

MaFt
littlesthobo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related issue. Are the POI's updated in order? I submitted a new POI on the 7th of Jan and others after this. I even submitted some today (9th) at lunch. The odd thing is the ones I submitted today have been added but the one I added on the 7th hasn't. The one of the 7th was a new subcategory. So I'm wondering if they take longer to add if they are completely new. But saying that other new subcategory's I have added seemed to be added within 24 hours.

For mods reference: The new POI ID that hasn't been added fully is 92697.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: