Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One App 6.520 Help with POICapture
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One App 6.520 Help with POICapture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dexter256
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: TomTom One App 6.520 Help with POICapture Reply with quote

Hi, I've dowloaded the zip file for POIcapture from the Pocketgps website (version 5.440 or later one) I note that the Tomtom.mmu file was not in the sdkregistry folder when I extracted it so I put it in. Additionally, I renamed the file to tomtomGo.mmu and this created the capture POI on the forth screen as described. If I left it as the Tomtom.mmu I didn't get the fourth screen but did get the POIcapture icon. However when I touch this icon on the screen it takes me back to the map position screen (the map screen at the start) and not to to the other screens to record location of POI etc (I have satillites). There were also other files contained within the folders when I extracted them which were not mentioned in the installation instructions so I removed them (other versions of POI see below), so in the root folder I have the two folders sdkregistry and POI capture. Within these folders I have the files
SdkRegistry

POICapture.bmp

POICapture.cap

TomTomGO.mnu

PIOcaputure - a POIcapture file (no version number as I removed the versions 5.202 and 5.440 files - these I had previously installed and it made not difference) and an icons folder. Obviously there are a number of icons in this folder so no PocketGPScameras.bmp on its own but it is in this folder.

Hope this is clear can anyone help please

Thanks in advance

Dexter256
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the SdkRegistry there are 3 Files. The TomTom.mnu File is what gives the user control over what is contained in the Main Screen Menu.

If you call it TomTomGO it will be ignored and give you the 4 Pages of Menus. In this State POICapture will be on the Last Page.

If you name it TomTom.mnu you get a Menu Structure controlled by whatever is in the MNU File. Generally POIC is put on the first Page, but the whole Menu can be changed to suit whatever you want. It's only a Text File.

In the POICapture Folder you need the application, which doesn't have an extension, and is 243KB. Earlier Versions were slightly smaller. Also the Dixon.ttf File.

If you don't have a Valid GPS Fix, POIC will dump you straight back to the Navigation Screen.

Also the first time of use after a Reset, or connect to the PC, it has to be reloaded into memory. You will see a Loading Message. It will take a few seconds to do this. Afterwards it will load much quicker.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Dexter256
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Still having problems.... Reply with quote

Hi Richard, thanks for the prompt reply. I have made the amendments that you state. I noticed on my inititial download from the site that three POIcature files were evident in the POIcapture folder, I deleted the other two from this folder leaving the 243Kb file. I copied the POIcature folder containg the following directly into the root directory of my Tom Tom.
Poicature folder
POIcapture file (no extension) 234Kb
Dixon.ttf file
ICONS FOLDER - this folder contains the PocketGPScameras.bmp file amonst other icons files and is not seperate as highlighted in the website instructions

Sdkregistry folder
POIcapture bmp
Tom Tom mnu file

I restarted the Tom Tom and the POIcature icon was where you said it would be, once I established Gps fix I touched the icon but only got a series of lines with blurred icons which I guessing is the other screens it is impossible to make out what these are. I have tried numerous resets etc to no avail. What is interesting is that I did not get a 'loading' message on start up. Have I copied the correct files over and copying and pasting into the root directory could this cause problems?

Can you help further plse.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Still having problems.... Reply with quote

Dexter256 wrote:
once I established Gps fix I touched the icon but only got a series of lines with blurred icons
That is usually a sign that you have the wrong Version of POICapture. Confused

Can you download THIS again, just to make sure. Copy, and overwrite, the existing Files on the ONE.

If it still gives a problem try THIS Download. I'm grasping at straws.8O

Dexter256
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: So far so good but.......... Reply with quote

Richard, I tried everything and it would not work on the recommended versions, however, it does work with the one you recommended to me. However, what doesn't seem to work is the program to alter the sideways display. I 'm guessing this does not work with the version of POIcapture I've used as SOME of the icons but none of the writing has rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if THIS helps.

Dexter256
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: icon removal Reply with quote

Richard, I'll try your suggestion, although that is the file I used. Just a point to note, I touched the capture POI touch at my home address to try it out and now a camera icon has appeared on my map. This icon cannot be removed even if you delete the log file and reset etc.....any ideas on removal?

Thanks once again for the prompt assistance
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Manage POI and delete the Location from the category with Delete POI.

JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Go to Manage POI and delete the Location from the PocketGPSCameras category with Delete POI.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
Oldboy wrote:
Go to Manage POI and delete the Location from the PocketGPSCameras category with Delete POI.
Thank you. Embarassed Long day.

Dexter256
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Sidesways Icons Reply with quote

Hi, Richard, thanks to all for the advice re the icon on the map. The problem I still have is that I have copied the folder you sent me to the root directory of the Tom Tom replacing the icons folder but the icons are still 90 degrees the wrong way, I wonder if the fix on the site does not apply to the version of POIcapture you sent the link to? In the end I may have to live with it but it is frustrating.

thanks

Dexter256
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
thank TomTom for screwing up the framebuffer driver.
I can't add to that I'm afraid. Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: