Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTONE Regional Traffic update problem...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTONE Regional Traffic update problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveHybrid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: TTONE Regional Traffic update problem... Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Dave,

Got my new ONE from Halfords today and very pleased with it, but, have signed up to Traffic and it refuses to update giving the error...

'An error occurred on your TomTom device. Please try again.

My mobile is paired properly, all speed camera updates work fine.

The same problem is mirrored using my PC Internet connection, everything updates and works except Traffic.

Help please.

Dave.
Pads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto from me - exactly the same with my new One.

Also interesting that the SD card I used in my previous ONE is not supported by the new edition.
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pads wrote:
Ditto from me - exactly the same with my new One.

Also interesting that the SD card I used in my previous ONE is not supported by the new edition.

Pads,

"SD used in previous is not supported by new edition" - Isn't this because (if you used the SD in a previous edition) they are two different units (in so far as the unit ID), so your "old" SD is logged to that unit only??

Just a thought.
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines the same. Connects to my SLVR no problem. I can access the plus services, weather etc, but keep getting 'An error occurred on your TomTom device. Please try again'.

Anyone any ideas what's wrong?
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've emailed TomTom about this. I will post the reply as soon as I get it. I checked the 'My TomTom' section on the website and it is indicating that my traffic trial is active.

I tried to change the device code on the website to my new One. It stated that I couldn't do this because I had registered my old Classic Go in the last six months. Could this be causing the problem?
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called TomTom in the end as I need Traffic up and running ASAP. Apparently there have been some server maintenance/upgrades over the weekend. This may be the casue of not being able to get Traffic. I was told to try again this evening. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone had any trouble getting Traffic over the weekend?
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jammy1

Did all this work for you eventually?

I am particularly interested if you got TT Traffic working using your Motorola SLVR as the modem to a GPRS connection. I am having mega trouble with a ROKR to do this (at least on a T-Mobile PAYG SIM) and I am considering changing to a SLVR if it works ok.

Mutley282
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes it worked in the end. I was an early purchaser of the TomTom One Regional, and basically TomTom hadn't sorted the traffic servers out! Its been working fine for about 4 months now. One tip to get it working is to 'unpair' any devices. Click on the 'connect to my phone' but make sure you have bluetooth turned off. TomTom will then ask you if you want to stay paired to your current phone, select 'no'. Then start the connect to my phone process again. I've had to do this very occasionally but it normally sorts it out.

I'm connecting on a Voda contract, as well as a PAYG Orange on a Motorola L6 occasionally. Both work fine.

Let me know how you get on.
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jammy1

I cannot get a ROKR to work for love nor money. I have tried my T-Mobile PAYG SIM in a mate's HTC Artemis and it works fine with no problems so it looks like the ROKR is the limiting factor.

If you just use GPRS for TT Traffic then Orange PAYG is probably ok but if you want to use GPRS for normal surfing as well then both Orange and Voda are expensive. With T-Mobile you get charged 0.73p/kB until you reach £1 then no more for the rest of that day. Orange is about £4/MB and Voda is about £7.50/MB on PAYG. Hopefully Voda is cheaper on contract.
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jammy1

Please can you tell me if you can show full web pages on your L6 SLVR when using your Orange PAYG connection?

I suspect the SLVR will have no problem showing WAP pages (neither does my ROKR) but can you view for example www.tomtom.com or www.pocketgpsworld.com and see the pages directly on the SLVR?

Thank you for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: