Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 on Medion MDPNA100 (screen turning off?)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 on Medion MDPNA100 (screen turning off?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulthetool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: TT5 on Medion MDPNA100 (screen turning off?) Reply with quote

I have just installed Tom Tom 5 on a Medion MDPNA100 when running tt5 every time i touch the screen it turns off and next touch turns it on again?
The software keeps running OK.

paulyoung04@aol.com

:x
paulthetool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since found that the screen turns on/off with each touch of the screen in all apps.
mr-vain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mate i had the same problem. basically the unit has crashed because of tomtom and you need to do a hard reset and reinstall everything. i found the way to get the tomtom to stop crashing is by shutting down the program each time you turn the unit off. i hope this helps:D
daftdave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. It seems strangely linked. For days it works fine. Then for no reason (usually when demonstrating how good it is to someone) it kicks in and turns the screen off at every tap. The button keys help, but it then continues like that for days, before (for no apparent reason) switching back to being perfect again !!!

I was almost convinced I had a hardware problem with the screen. Thank goodness for this forum, where a problem shared is a problem halved as they say.
GB plus map v571
1G SD card
3DDevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me to!
I've just spent most of my free time over the last two weeks getting TT5.21 to work on my MDPNA 100. Now I am confronted with this problem - it is so deflating.
Please someone, help us out. There must be an expert out there somewhere who can figure out this problem!!!

3DDevil
staib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really weird - I had exactly the same problem with the screen flickering off or on, whenever I touched it, but after reading all these messages, it seems to be working fine again 8O

The only other thing I did was adjust the brightness sliders a few times on the battery and mains setting, and switch off all running progs. Now it seems stable again. The power of these forums is awesome Laughing

I had assumed it was a local problem, as the unit had fallen off my m'bike once, and literally went cartwheeling down the road, shedding bits like the stylus, battery cover, and SD card! They are pretty tough units!

Nick
daftdave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no further problems (touch wood !) since I last did a hard reset. I discovered this solution when I accidentally hard-reset and had to reinstall TT5 - it worked fine until I did a reinstall of Navigon (resident GPS navigator on the Medion100) at which point the screen flicker returned.

From this, it maybe a conflict between these 2, that initiates the screen bug. I would be interested to know if it works for everyone.
GB plus map v571
1G SD card
3DDevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: MDPNA 100/TTN 5 screen problem solved, for now anyway! Reply with quote

Don't know if this is going to help any 'cause I'm not too sure how I did it but I have solved the screen switching on and off problem.

Thinking deeply about the problem whilst in the bath (I'm a traditionalist) I reliased that it is only the screen illumination that is affected, the screen is still on. I then remembered a setting which allows the screen illumination to switch on when the screen is tapped, see where I'm going here?
I found the above settinge in, err, Settings and unchecked the box. Hey presto problem solved. Ok, the screen illumination now didn't switch off at all but that didn't bother me. Because of the appalling battery life of this thing I switch the unit off as soon as I've finished anyway.

Strange thing is, after a couple of days I played with a few settings and all was still fine so in the interests of research I checked that pesky little box again...........and all is still fine!! It's been over a week now and I can't stop playing with it.

Go figure eh?

Haven't had the courage to try a soft reset yet but at least I now know that the problem can be solved tho' I'm still not sure quite how or why.

3DDevil
mr-vain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't advise a soft reset if tomtom is installed because the problems will start all over. i no longer have my medion 100 as some arse broke into my car and stole it:|
2e1frw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone tell me how to get tt on mine please ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: