Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6 Will it run on a Dell Axim X50v
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6 Will it run on a Dell Axim X50v
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: TTN6 Will it run on a Dell Axim X50v Reply with quote

I have a Dell Axim X50v currently running TTN5. The X50v is not on Tomtom's compatable list. I wonder if anyone has got TTN6 to run on one without too much trouble?

Axim is running Mobile 2003 with ROM Vers A05 (07270500) and have a 1GB SD card and 2GB CF card.

Help or advice would be appreciated.

Billum
fastabenj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find an answer to this question last week so took the risk and went for it.. yes seems to work fine!

TT6 doesn't work with the TT5 maps though so install those too before starting it up, and my device code changed when I installed 6 so I had to update that on the tomtom website to get John Cleese back, otherwise all running great from my SD card
Billum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that. I have read in some of the forums that having an SD card and CF card can produce a problem. Anyone have a solution if it happens?

Billum
alan-jg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Dell X50 and TT6 Reply with quote

So does TT6 work with the Dell X50, as I am looking for either the TT5 or 6, I would like the 6, some web sites state that it is compatible.!!
ALan Rolling Eyes
steeley7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TT6 running on Axim x50v with a 2 gig sd card and a 1 gig cf card... no problems at all... take the plunge, you won't regret it !!!
alan-jg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: TTN 6 and Del x50 Reply with quote

Works a treat plug in and go, no lag or problems, saftey cameras and traffic free months trial another matter.

Alan :D
Tigerfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: TTN 6 and Del x50 Reply with quote

alan-jg wrote:
Works a treat plug in and go, no lag or problems, saftey cameras and traffic free months trial another matter.

Alan :D

Alan can you confirm yours is running ok on a Dell Axim X50?
I want to take advantage of their 20% off offer and free V6 before the end of the year!
Jazza1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had ttn6 installed on my X50v for almost 1 month now and it works perfectly. TomTom must update their list over the PDA:s witch are working. I wrote 2 months ago and asked them if they were going to make any updates in ttn6 so I could use it with my dell but got the answer that it probably would´t be any new versions, and now I can see with my own eyes that it runs well. But I must admit that I changed the OS from WM5 to 2003 and after that ttn found the GPS witch had been a problem before the exchange. I have a Haicom 204 gps, wired. I have both the SD and CF-card 1gig.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also thinking of buying the new maps (yes I know I have said in the past that I would never give them another penny of my money!).

With an X50V, which we know will work with TTN6, can I select X51 as the device and use TT home to update the app and maps? Does TT Home actually what type of device it is using or simply the serial number?

While I will not get support from TomTom I am not proposing anything wrong (other than taking a risk it will not work!).

Anybody done this?
dundeebob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have mananged this although there are a couple of issues. After selecting XV51, I could not get the map or the TT6 upgrade to install without using TT Home. I also had a bit of a problem installing - in the end I disabled my Norton protection and disconnected from the internet. The installation then went OK (coincidence ?).

Ultimately it seems to have installed and works OK on the XV50.

Good Luck
Bob
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting to need to use TT Home so that comes as no surprise.

Might give it a go to see what happens.

Going to the States on holiday next year and want maps of Florida. Speed limit facility would be useful in a country where I'm not used to the standard speed limits.
Billum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to buy downloading upgrade for TTN5 maps. No problems the complimentary software for TTN6 included.

Installed Tomtom Home it did all the work. Installed TTN6 on X50v no problems. Just had a hiccup with John Cleese’s voice but downloaded the updated one – no problem.

Then went to upgrade PoiWarner this has to now be the TTN5 & TTN6 Edition. PoiWarner gives Verbal warnings of POIs. The inteface with Tomtomis is excellent and all working well. Have slight issue occasionally the map instructions v voice instructions.

Hope this helps anyone wavering!
:D
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys who've got it working on X50v selecting the X51v as your device then, in order to install the upgrade?
Billum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 and 2 make 4
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2 and 2 make 4

sarcasm is the lowest form of...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: