Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Play videos on tomtom 910?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Play videos on tomtom 910?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Play videos on tomtom 910? Reply with quote

i know this will probably be the smallest thread but is it possible to play any sort of videos on tomtom 910 like the ipod.. mp4 or divx is this possible to view through the tomtom 910?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is possible to watch video on the 910, have a look at the software from Makayama there is a demo version so at least you can try it before deciding if you like it. Mike
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Makayama Software Reply with quote

I have bought this software for my 910 and it works a treat, the sound volume is a bit low however. I keep on meaning to look at hsi problem, but have not got round to it.

David

God gave us the Integer, the rest was devised by man.
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased and set up this software already :D only had my tomotom for a few hours 8O

I had trouble with viewing the software(missing some options on screen) in 800 by 600 screen resoultion,so i changed to 1024 by 768 then evrything was fine.

On encoding the avi,mpg etc to the correct format for the software i had to downgrade my brand new tomtom 910 firmware to quite an old version,tomtom still works fine though,except my wireless connection wont work.....maybe thats why Idea

The videos show fine on the tomtom though,picture quality is verygood,good enough to watch in car.The sound i think is determined by the quality of the recording,although there is an option i nthe softwre to choose good picture or good sound.

I think its very good price at around 20pounds and would reommend you buy it so that they can improve the software for the future :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My IPOD is now made redundant by my TOMTOM 910
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found another media software that plays video on any tomtom...
http://www.mobilnova.com/MobilNova/en/
Venkman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having used both applications, I must say that the MobilNova version is absolutley superb. Works on ALL firmware versions, no need to downgrade your 910 firmware and the support is excellent. I reported a bug when using the converter application while having a card reader installed and it was fixed with a new software version within 12 hours. Can't recommend it hightly enough

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: