Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6. Cam alerts suppressed when voice muted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6. Cam alerts suppressed when voice muted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: TTN6. Cam alerts suppressed when voice muted Reply with quote

I have new TTN6 software. Was on TTN3 before, and when you muted the voice the POI alerts would still play. :D Now on TTN6, if you mute the voice, the alerts mute as well. Sad What a shame! I read in another thread that you can load a silent voice and select that rather than muting the sound. This is not so easy to do on the move. TTN3 sound mute was one command. Very easy to turn on/off. Any other ideas? I used to use checkpoint on TTN3 - was that why the alerts played? I have loaded the set of speed-related cams from this site, and used the set of ogg files as alerts. I love the specific warning for each camera type, but I just don't want to mute them.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately muting the sound just turns off the speaker. It's not selective in what it turns off.

If there is No Route Planned, the Warnings will still sound, but that's no good if you don't know your route.;)

Another way to mute Direction commands, other than using the 'silent voice', is to select one of the Built-in Voices that hasn't been Installed, or has been deleted. I've never tried it so can't say how successful it is.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Oldboy. I feared that was going to be the problem. Do you think that because I used Checkpoint on TTN3 that was why the sounds still worked even when TTN3 was muted? If so, is that an option with TTN6? Would it work with TTN6 maps, and can I still get the voice alerts including known speeds? Somehow I have a horrible feeling that this won't work...... Crying or Very sad
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bewildered wrote:
Many thanks Oldboy. I feared that was going to be the problem. Do you think that because I used Checkpoint on TTN3 that was why the sounds still worked even when TTN3 was muted? If so, is that an option with TTN6? Would it work with TTN6 maps, and can I still get the voice alerts including known speeds? Somehow I have a horrible feeling that this won't work...... Crying or Very sad

In your previous setup with TT V3 and CheckPOInt, It was CheckPOInt using it's .wav files that was announcing the Cameras. Turning off the spoken directions in TT V3 had no effect on CheckPOInt, there is a later version of CheckPOInt that will work with TT V6 and give you the same setup as you had previously, you could also use POI Warner that will give you the same result.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: