Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TonTon Nav 6 on IpaqChoice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TonTon Nav 6 on IpaqChoice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: TonTon Nav 6 on IpaqChoice Reply with quote

Just noticed Navigator 6 available for £79.99 but still no sign of HX4700 compatibility.

I really do want this but not if it wont run correctly.

http://www.ipaqchoice.com/productinfo.aspx?catid=98&id=1311

John
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's who I re-placed my order with - £85 inclusive of VAT and Special Delivery, a very good deal.

I have seen Navigator 6 on an HX4700 with WM2005 and it looks to run fine, and that's the same PDA/OS I'm running. The only thing that did kill performance was enabling lots of POIs which I'm told had a similar effect on Navigator 5.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the full version of TTN6 which includes the Mobile phone version of the software?
tube
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had this reply from Tom Tom Support.

"We would like to thank you for your message to TomTom Customer Support.

Your PocketPC type is not compatible with TomTom NAVIGATOR 6. We cannot, unfortunately, guarantee that your PDA type will work free of problems in combination with our latest software.

We are, however, continuously testing devices to find a method to use our software on these devices. Only when we conclude that a device will work without problems after extensive testing will we say it is suitable and add it to our compatibility list.

It is possible that a device does not have the required capacity to work with our software due to, for example, a shortage of memory or a processor that is too slow. It is also possible that a PocketPC that was suitable in a previous version is no longer suitable in the new version in part because of the quickly expanding computer market"

Not very good when the HX4700 is still the best PDA around and 90% of the people I know have this make of PDA.

Hopefully they will start testing soon?
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TonTon Nav 6 on IpaqChoice Reply with quote

[quote="WeeHappyPixie"]Just noticed Navigator 6 available for £79.99 but still no sign of HX4700 compatibility.

I was just about to order the UK TT6 version (plus european major roads) available only on SD mini disc from Global Positioning Systems, at the same price, but this has to be a far better deal...all/most of Europe door to door and on DVD.
Burn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie, just got TT6 this morning and have loaded onto HX4700. As far as I can tell all works fine, picked up bluetooth connection and accurate location found. Tried demo and workd fine, also tried the "Navigate to Contact" again all fine, although it must have a number for the address rather than a name. Have not yet road tested but will over the next day or so. Complete map of Western Europe just under 1Gig, UK plus major roads about 220meg. plus post codes an extra 9.4meg. Maps loaded onto 2gig SanDisk s.d card.. If you go ahead DO DO DO back-up previous version first. Good luck and I will report back after road test...
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonCatlin wrote:
Is this the full version of TTN6 which includes the Mobile phone version of the software?

Anybody know?
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: TT licence reminder ? Reply with quote

Received my TT6 this morning from HPStore via DHL. Can somebody please remind me on the TT rules for transferring between products ? I want to install it first on an old IPAQ and play around with it before I decide to replace TT5 on my main device. Assuming it does everything that I want, I shall relegate TT5 to the IPAQ and install TT6 to my Vario.
On another thought, anybody any ideas on what would happen if I try to install both on the Vario PDA. I have spent money on numerous overseas maps for my travels and unless TT6 works with them, I am loathe to re purchase a stack more, so for example in the US I would use TT5 and then revert back to TT6 back in the UK...makes sense ?
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn1 wrote:
WeeHappyPixie, just got TT6 this morning and have loaded onto HX4700. As far as I can tell all works fine, picked up bluetooth connection and accurate location found. Tried demo and workd fine, also tried the "Navigate to Contact" again all fine, although it must have a number for the address rather than a name. Have not yet road tested but will over the next day or so. Complete map of Western Europe just under 1Gig, UK plus major roads about 220meg. plus post codes an extra 9.4meg. Maps loaded onto 2gig SanDisk s.d card.. If you go ahead DO DO DO back-up previous version first. Good luck and I will report back after road test...

Hi Burn,

That's fantastic news :D thanks.

I will now really concider buying it. Will wait for you to post your road test.

Thanks again,

John
Burn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie, tried this afternoon locally and all worked well with road names and turnings. Went about 15 miles and then tried navigate to home, again all went ok except for the local knowledge of a few short cuts, missing speed bumps etc. so all in all am pleased so far. I did not mention I am on windows mobile 2003 and have no intention of "upgrading" to mobile 2005.
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn1 wrote:
WeeHappyPixie, tried this afternoon locally and all worked well with road names and turnings. Went about 15 miles and then tried navigate to home, again all went ok except for the local knowledge of a few short cuts, missing speed bumps etc. so all in all am pleased so far. I did not mention I am on windows mobile 2003 and have no intention of "upgrading" to mobile 2005.

Thanks again Burn,

I am running 2003 SE again, gave up with WM5 twice (new patch is better but still not as reliable as 2003).

Looks like me going to get this then.

Does it install directly via ActiveSync or do you need to use the TomTom home application.

John
Burn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie, I synced and left connected then installed TomTom Home on PC, it updated to latest version automatically (version 1.3 build Sept 25th. 2006), chose the application, maps and voice to download to PDA. After download you have to remove the SD card and reinsert it then application is loaded to PDA. I chose to manually get activation code from TT on line at the web address given on PDA screen. All very easy, maps take a time though as stated before 900meg for Europe so time to go have a beer. After all loaded use back-up in TT Home as should you delete any maps you can't reload them for some reason unless you have used TT Home back-up to do the job for you. Good luck and let us know the result....
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn1 wrote:
WeeHappyPixie, I synced and left connected then installed TomTom Home on PC, it updated to latest version automatically (version 1.3 build Sept 25th. 2006), chose the application, maps and voice to download to PDA. After download you have to remove the SD card and reinsert it then application is loaded to PDA. I chose to manually get activation code from TT on line at the web address given on PDA screen. All very easy, maps take a time though as stated before 900meg for Europe so time to go have a beer. After all loaded use back-up in TT Home as should you delete any maps you can't reload them for some reason unless you have used TT Home back-up to do the job for you. Good luck and let us know the result....

Thanks Burn,

I have taken the plunge and ordered it from IpaqChoice. Will let you know how I get on with it.

John
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask, how long does delivery take from the IPAQchoice website?

Also, is the western europe version also bale to be broken down into individuial country maps or will you have to install all the europe map?
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to know is if I purchase the Europe map, can I choose to individually install GB only?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: