Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP2210, bluetooth GPS and TomTom Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP2210, bluetooth GPS and TomTom Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: HP2210, bluetooth GPS and TomTom Traffic Reply with quote

Following advice from the forums I went ahead and purchased TT6 and installed it on my HP2210. It ran without a hitch as I had been told it would. Next I decided to buy a SysOnChip Sirf111 receiver. I paired that with the 2210 and they run perfectly together. Flush with this success, I subscribed to TT Traffic. Now the problem starts. I paired my phone to the 2210 and that's fine. If I now try to activate the GPS it tells me I can't because something else is using the serial port. The same is true if I activate the GPS first and then try to activate the phone. The 2210 shows the phone using serial ports 1 and 2 and after careful reading of these forums, the GPS is set up to use ports 5 and 8. After about an hour on line to an HP rep. they came back and said they didn't know if the 2210 can use multiple bluetooth connections, (if they don't, who does?)but perhaps the GPS was using the same port as the phone. Ask TomTom how to change the GPS to another port. HUM! Some hope with that, not least because it isn't a TT receiver and seems to be using a different port anyway.Does anyone know if it is possible to use a bluetooth GPS and a phone at the same time with a 2210 or indeed with any PPC? I seem to recall that the CF and SD card slots were ports 1 and 2 so can you change port allocation for a phone?. If not does TomTom mention this anywhere since Traffic is a much advertised option on the software pages? And where to next without it being a hugely expensive trek just to get TT Traffic? Any help would be much appreciated.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need an aplication called GpsGate which allows more than one device to access the com port..

Dave
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I'll give that a try.

Q.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
You probably need an aplication called GpsGate which allows more than one device to access the com port..

Dave
Surely GpsGate only splits GPS data between several applications?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just found this in another forum which seems to be the answer.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18685&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=2210

Thanks for the comments and help given and sorry I don't know how to insert a "Click here" tidy link
gacrane
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi qkjb

Just to confirm there is no reason that the 2210 shouldn't be able to run a phone and a gps reciever via BT at the same time. My works fine doing just that.

Just as a question are you running the latest ROM on your 2210 I know there where some BT issues in the original ROM and an upgrade was put out back in April 2004 this will still be available on the HP site. The current ROM is 1.10 not sure if that will help or not as I can't remember what thet issue was related to BT.

Graham
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the confirmation it will work. My ROM version is 1.10.07 so hopefully it's sufficiently uptodate. Just as well really as my son sent me the link to the update on the HP site and despite having downloaded it several times it seems to be corrupted. I didn't know where to look to find what version I should have so thanks for telling me. What I suspect I really need is a new phone. My son says coal fired ones are a touch out of date and a new one would be easier to setup properly for GPRS. My existing phone seems to connect to the 2210 by serial port, not by GPRS dialup which is what I now suspect is causing the problem.

Quintin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: