Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go v6 camera warnings don't work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go v6 camera warnings don't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordlucan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: TomTom Go v6 camera warnings don't work Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest version of the TomTom software v6.150 and the latest version of the speed camera database (UK speed zoned complete), all were enabled and a sound applied to each but nothing happened as I approached the location of some cameras. I did get the image on screen of the type of camera but no warning sound. I checked the volume and it was at max.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Kieran
Cerocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked that your POI warnings are not set to on route only.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran, Welcome to the forum. Did you get warnings for some cameras but not others?
What we found quite some time ago was the units would warn for the first camera it encountered, but would not warn of a second camera of the same type unless a Nav voice prompt OR different camera warning occured before the next camera.
I came up with a work around for this where you either install the single camera file in addition to the SpeedZonned file set, but set the distance to minimum, this has the effect of reseting the unit so you get the next warning. Alternativley you can install a second copy of the SpeedZonned file set (this is my prefered method as it works better with the icons), to do this requires a re-name of each POI file (I simply added 1_ infront of all the file names). - Mike
lordlucan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, thanks for the advice, it was as you suggested that some not all camera types made a sound when approached. I will (with trepidation as I am prone to killing gadgets through fiddling) try the workaround you suggested.

Cheers

Kieran

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: