Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - Can't enable all Speed Camera POIs in TTN5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - Can't enable all Speed Camera POIs in TTN5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Help - Can't enable all Speed Camera POIs in TTN5 Reply with quote

If I enable all the 24 POI speed camera OV2 files withoin TTN5, my moving map goes all jerky and its unusable.
I've tried reinstalling Tomtom, factory resetting the software, hard resetting & rebuilding the device, reformatting my SD card - everything.

If I just enable the Gatsos & Red Light POIs, the map isn't quite as smooth, but its usable. If I enable any more, the moving map's not usable any more.

Has anyone else come across problems enabling too many POIs and does anyone else have any suggestions to try?

Can I put them in main memory or on RAMdisk to help?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't enable the POI's make sure you disable all of them. Then go to Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and set up a warning for each camera then your map speed will be fine - Mike
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - I already have the warnings enabled, but I also like to see them on the map so that I know where to look out for.

It all used to work OK with all the cameras enabled until I upgraded my ROM last month, but even if I revert back to my old ROM, the jerkiness is still there now..... (explain that one away!)

I appreciate that cameras come up when the advance warning sounds but I live near Blackpool with more cameras per square mile than anywhere else in the country! (yes its true.....)

Sometimes the warnings actually overlap and the second warning hasn't time to sound because the first is still active, so if I rely on just the warning making the icons visible, I might miss one!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grahamwalker wrote:
I appreciate that cameras come up when the advance warning sounds but I live near Blackpool with more cameras per square mile than anywhere else in the country! (yes its true.....)
Tell me about it! more cameras along the promenade than miles of golden beaches

grahamwalker wrote:
Sometimes the warnings actually overlap and the second warning hasn't time to sound because the first is still active, so if I rely on just the warning making the icons visible, I might miss one!
As most but not all are 30MPH rated around here I find a warning is sufficiant, the second warning normally kicks in once the first camera location has passed. However you should be able to see multiple cameras on the display that are within range, I often see two or three cameras visible, I cannot explain why disabling the POI's didn't cure the device- but which PDA are you using and what ROM / OS have you upgraded to? - Mike
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mike - I didn't spot you were Fylde based too...

I took the car into St Annes town centre last night to test the map. It warned me of a mobile location but never warned me of the fixed Gatso just after.....

I've updated my signature with my config......
TomTom Navigator 5.21, TomTom BT GPS & Leadtek 9532 Wired GPS.
Parrott CK3000 BT Car Kit.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grahamwalker wrote:
I took the car into St Annes town centre last night to test the map. It warned me of a mobile location but never warned me of the fixed Gatso just after....
Thats strange because I drive that route every day and reliably get both warnings, I notice the ROM you have is a "home Brew" - can you check there are no programs still running in the back ground as the top right corner X doesn't allways close a program down fully, go to Start/ Settings/ System Tab, select Memory Running programs Tab and see whats listed, stop all will shut them down - Mike
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the sugegstion Mike - but I even have a button assigned to the "CloseAll" application that really does close everything down and I check the running programs regularly.

I'll "disable" all the POIs and see what happens tomorrow with just the proximity warning on.

If you see an Audi A3 DSG driving up and down Headroomgate Road and round and round the "square" tomorrow, you'll know who it is! :-)
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - Yes, if I turn off the POIs ("disable them") and just rely on the proximity warning, then as you say, the map scrolls smoothly and the proximity alerts work OK.

Whilst I appreciate that moving to a different ROM might have caused the jumpy map in the first place, the thing I'm still struggling to comprehend is why it remains jumpy when I revert back to my old ROM and reinstall all my apps. As a software engineer by trade, that just doesn't stack up.

So I have a working system, but my brain can't settle..... There must be something I don't understand that causes it to remain jumpy even if I revert the ROM back to one that used to be OK and if I could understand what that was, it might go some way to fixing the issue altogether....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you 100% sure the Enable POI wasn't set when you upgraded to the new ROM by mistake? - this is a known issue with screen re-draw/ refresh rate, the normal fix is to disable the POI's and use Warn When Near POI instead. As it has cleared the fault I cannot think of anything else that would cause this, unless you had some overclocking software installed prior to the uppgrade? - Mike
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had all the Pocketgps POIs Enabled previously Mike and the refresh rate has always been OK before.
That's the confusing thing.

Anyway - I've got a working solution, so that's ok. Far more important things to focus on than this - such as who will win the mid-term elections? will city ever win two matches on the trot? will my brother-in-law ever stop ringing up and complaining about his talk-talk broadband service?......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: