Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 510 not recognising this months POI download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 510 not recognising this months POI download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Navman 510 not recognising this months POI download Reply with quote

Having a bit of a problem installing the latest speed camera files on my iCN510. The desktop program tells me that each file has been intalled successfully, but when I check on the device, it only shows my previously installed POIs.
This has happened before so I guess I will sort it in due course - I have seen other posts in the past describing this problem, but does anyone know why and how to resolve it?

Secondly, I notice that the first three lines of each of the files - Gatso, Mobile, Redlight etc are Control 1, 2, and 3. Should I delete them?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to above post: Have checked the contents of my SD card and find that none of the POIs have been uploaded. I then deleted ALL the My POIs and started afresh - however when I used the Smart ST software and tried to reload all the October POIs it said they were still there and did I want to overwrite. Did that, but when I finished and checked the device, it still says I only have one file dated May 2006!

I have subsequently checked the POIs on my larger SD card which I use for travelling in europe and find the last POIs are dated May 2006 although I have updated in Aug, Sep and October. All those POIs were said to be successfully according to the SmartST programme!

Onyone have any clue as to what is going on Confused Confused
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could THIS be what you are looking for? ;)Laughing

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Could THIS be what you are looking for? ;)Laughing

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Thanks. I'll print them for further use in the future. Memory is obviously at fault. Obviously, my use of the search facility is also lacking in expertise. Confused
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the reminders, Richard. Wink

In one of the posts there were references to the speed at which the POIs are saved to the device. In every case on my desktop machine the transfer is so fast as to be suspect. A click of the button and instantly, I am told of the successful upload. Confused
So, as in April (to which the link referred) I moved over to my much slower laptop. The upload was much slower taking about 7/8 seconds for it to complete in each case. At the end, after checking, it appears the POIs had uploaded.

I have duplicated the upload with another couple of cards I have for different purposes and they were successful as well.

Seems to be a problem with my PC, although same software on each machine but the PC is a Pentium 4 running at 3.2GHz. Don't know at all if that is the reason. Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: