Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is it TT Nav5 or my Acer n35
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it TT Nav5 or my Acer n35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stigmeister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Is it TT Nav5 or my Acer n35 Reply with quote

that is a total piece of cr*p?
I have just put on TTN5 as i need it shortly for a trip to the U.S because i could not get maps for my Destinator software, but this is now driving me round the bend, not litterally as every bend i go round the cursor on screen keeps going straight then takes a couple of minutes to re-calculate and catch up. There have been so many times today that for periods of up to 20 minutes i was being told (not showing on screen) that there was no satellite link at all. It seems to take for ages to lock on at start up then total confusion for no apparant reason asking me to turn round, then re-caculating again. When i am on a motorway it seems ok till the motorway bends slightly.

I would really like some help with this one, do i buy a new PDA? if so what one is recommended.

Do i dump TT N5 and go back to Destinator and use a paper map in the U.S?

Is there a way of improving the signal, i have en-route an external antennae, will that improve matters?

Sorry for all the questions but as i am not used to losing satellite signals when using Dest PN i cant get used to it now when TT is supposed to be the dog's.

Any advise warmly recieved.
Thank you and apologies for the rant!
Mike
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run TT5.21 on an Acer N35 with an external aerial ad get a full 10 Sat signal at all times.
The only problem I have with it is if there is no mains power/Car charger connected the it tends to jump all over the place, turn the power back on and its perfect again.
Theripper
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Acer/TT5 Reply with quote

Hello,
I too run an Acer N35 and TT 5.2.1, and mine runs without fault in the car, even with the built in 'aerial', it runs even better using an external, in that it always has full signal, whereas with the built in it can drop a couple of sats.

Which external aerial are you getting? I bought a cheapie of E-bsay and it works marvellously, make sure you set the settings right when you link it to the Acer.

What size card do you have TT on?

Steve.
stigmeister
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, Steve, the anntenae has not arrived yet as the postie has not turned up, but i got it from a guy who used it on his n35, i also got a spare car charger and holder.

What are the particular settings i need to know?

The card i am using is an Apacer 256Mb 60X read speed. Yes i know it is small but i have different maps on different cards, this one is my GB map and a city in the U.S that i need.

According to the Acer i have 171Mb free space on this card.

Mike
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Acer/TT5 Reply with quote

Mike,

I only have a 256 card on mine with UK maps so that shouldnt be a problem, the optimum settings I am told and which work for me are under the GPS settings click on configure, then select,

OTHER CABLE NMEA GPS

GPS BAUD RATE 57,600 (but 115200 works as well)

Then click on

GPS ON NAVAGATOR

And that should be it, mine works in the house using the built in aerial, and works far better as I mentioned using the exterior aerial.

Good luck.

Steve.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: