Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion MDPPC150 - Voice alerts for cameras.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion MDPPC150 - Voice alerts for cameras.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Medion MDPPC150 - Voice alerts for cameras. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Anyone prepared to help a numpty?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I've installed TT5 on my PDA but incorrectly allocated Bell 1 to all warnings. I've now downloaded the correct alert map (4890) and managed to substitute the new data.chk but obviously now I get the word "mobile" for all alerts.

How do I get back into the "system" to reset the various poi speed warnings to the correct beep/bell/boing/cuckoo etc so that I can start again?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Tony
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, assuming you have the full speed zoned file set you need to go to change preferences/ manage POI/ Warn when near POI and set up a specific warning for each of the cameras you have installed. Use the test button to make sure the selection is correct for the camera type and speed BEFORE progressing to the next screen.
There is a new method of doing this set-up that works for TTN version 5 and 6 (check out the home page for a link) but I cannot say if this will work with your hardware/ software combination) - Mike
Veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thanks for the prompt and efficient answer, I've do it now and it works correctly.

However, having tried it I find that it isn't as clear and "attention grabbing" as the warnings on POI-Warner for use with Medion Navigator 4 which originally came with the PDA.

Can you answer another question? Being an awkward sod, can I somehow install the warnings for Navigator 4 into my PDA and use them with the Tom Tom maps, which I prefer?

Sorry to be a pain.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impossible to put your own warnings on to the device but it will take quite some time!

The warning files need to be in .ogg file format, these are then assembled into one single file (data.chk) there is an application called POIExtend available from Ray's Site which will allow you to do this.

There are plenty of different applications for the PC to transpose the audio files to .ogg format just make sure you set the sample frequency to 22050Hz

Or you can simply re-name your audio files to match the POI file name and put these into your map folder (they MUST be in ogg file format), this negates the need to mess around with the data.chk file.

I would have a look on Ray's site first though and try some of the excellent voices/ spoken warnings (Liz Whitt is very good, and seems to be the most popular at the moment, clear easy to understand, in my opinion better than the original supplied voices) - Mike
Veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for the information.

I'll have a look and then consider having a go.

Tony

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: