Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One V2 - Out of date maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One V2 - Out of date maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdesign
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: TT One V2 - Out of date maps Reply with quote

I have just bought my first SatNav - a TomTom One V2 GB - and I must say I am very impressed. The only thing I am a little bit dissapointed in is the accuracy of the maps. I went out for a half hours drive in my town navigating to various places and twice the unit tried making me go up one way streets the wrong way through no entry signs. One of these was a fairly recent change to the road syste, but the other has been a one way street for about 15 years. How can the map be 15 years out-of-date. It's not even like the road in in the middle of no-where - it is at the top of the highstreet in the centre of town!!! How does everyone else find the teleatlas maps? Are the NAVTEC maps any better? If they are maybe I should get a refund on this and get the European version instead (even though I would only be paying for better maps as I probably not use the Euro maps Sad
trog100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are just "inaccuracies" and always will be i think.. a map would never be uptodate in the sense that everything was/is correct at any given time.. a newer map might have less errors than an old one but thats about all..

no one seems to know if the navtec map is any better personally i think it will just have "different" errors..

i have a sat nav device on my boat.. when u switch it on the first thing it says is.. "do not use this device as your sole means of navigation"..

the new wonder toy has its flaws.. two things are perhaps needed to go with it.. first of all a brain and secondly perhaps a real map.. he he he

i never expected that much from mine so was pleasantly surprised when it works as well as it does.. it has tiny roads that are in the middle of nowhere and havnt been used for fifty years on it.. what it dosnt have is the brainds not to try and send u down them.. he he

trog
Dusty321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of maps I found the i3 to have better mapping and fewer inaccuracies that my One V2, maybe they both use different mapping software...... not sure.
gray52
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this latest tomtom one still has a map which hasent changed for well over one year. i was going to buy it just for the updated map but is no different to my tom tom v1 (v605 map).
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gray52 wrote:
this latest tomtom one still has a map which hasent changed for well over one year. i was going to buy it just for the updated map but is no different to my tom tom v1 (v605 map).

It may be the same in your home location, but there are many updated and new roads showing where I live, so there must be many more changes than you know about or travel to ? Smile
sdesign
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gray52 wrote:

My map shows a newer version than that.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdesign, I think what gray52 means is that he has compared the One v2 map to the map he has on his One v1, (which is v605) and has not found any difference in the places he is interested in.

Also, as has been said before, a higher number after the "6" does not neccessarily mean newer mapping, just a different build version for a different machine or a different range of map (Europe as opposed to UK for example).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: