Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio A201 - Mio map - POI and speed cameras help and advice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio A201 - Mio map - POI and speed cameras help and advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Mio A201 - Mio map - POI and speed cameras help and advice Reply with quote

Well I almost managed to own my previous Mio 168 for a year before a little theif got it!!!
So now I have an A201 with Mio Map and the questions are:
Can I remove the pre installed POI's or can I turn them off?
Can I put my own POI's on including cameras
Check Point??
Is Mio Map usually this slow when putting a destination in? (I'm used to Tom Tom and it was a lot faster!)

Calling someone with all the answers!!
Cheers
Andy
tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent had MioMaps very long but you can turn off the POIs its a menu option, what you cant do is turn off mcdonalds but leave on post boxes, I cant find any way of adding your own and the manual doesnt cover it. However there is a utility called POI Warner available from http://www.navigating.de/MioMap_en/POI/Index.htm
This allows you to be alterted to all types of POI but is 30 Euros. I havent tried it yet and am wondering whether to do so.

My MIOMAP also seems a little slow and I am used to an old iPAQ with Smart St Pro.
highwayman212
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

I think miomap2 is a version of the Navigon software and I use POI Warner on that. It cost about £20 and works well to notify of approaching POI's but is a little fiddly to set up.

There is a free program called PoiObserver which can be accessed from www.poiobserver.com (totally in German so go in through a translation program e.g babelfish.altavista.com) which will lead you to www.navifriends.com. You have to register. I dont know how good or if it works on your version but it might be worth a look. Had I known about it before I bought POIWarner I would of tried.

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: