Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTNAV 6 Evaluation Copy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTNAV 6 Evaluation Copy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: TTNAV 6 Evaluation Copy Reply with quote

I've looked but I assume there simply aren't evaluation versions available, certainly for TomTom but also for other NAV software offerings.

A limited evaluation (time or feature) is almost essential these days in order to understand whether the software meets your requirements and will function adequately on your hardware device. Why can't the vendors provide this option?

I've seen a "preview" copy of TTNAV6 running on the same PDA model (and OS) as mine, if I hadn't then I'd probably not have placed an order and stuck with an old version of another vendors product. Feedback from other forum users is very useful but it's far more reassuring to see for yourself the features available and assess the performance on your device and configuration.

In the end I decided to order the version with the detailed maps of Western Europe, at £99, only £20 more than UK version (that can't be bad) - only hope TomTom start shipping these versions out to the suppliers soon.
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Western-Europe DVD today. In the german pocketnavigation-forum there was a post from a user who ordered his copy on the 3rd and it was dispatched today. Seems the waiting time will be not too long.

I just hope that it is working on my x50v as it is not on the list, but ive heared that the cracked copies r working on my device and also here in the forum they said that the essential thing is that u have WM2003 or higher as OS. So i hope that they r right Smile

cu Peter
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I re-placed my order for Navigator 6 with the detailed maps of Western Europe with iPAQ Choice with whom I ordered my WM2005 upgrade. Their offer price was emailed out today, also detailed in another post, http://www.ipaqchoice.com/productinfo.aspx?catid=98&id=1311

Saved a few quid, £85 inclusive of VAT and Special Delivery.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAVIGATOR 6 Software and Maps of Western Europe on DVD ( 1T90.010 ) RRP £99.99, so it is indeed a good price
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TTNAV 6 Evaluation Copy Reply with quote

chipfork wrote:

A limited evaluation (time or feature) is almost essential these days in order to understand whether the software meets your requirements and will function adequately on your hardware device. Why can't the vendors provide this option?

It can't be that essential given that Microsoft (amongst many other companies) have managed to do pretty well without it.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft don't do without it at all, I have had free evaluation copies from them of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Office 2003 and pre-release Office 2007.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be that essential given that Microsoft (amongst many other companies) have managed to do pretty well without it.
???

Vista RC1.... Anyone. Expires 1st July next year? 9 months trial? Suits me that does.
Microsoft have used user as beta testers for years....
At least there is now balance...
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: TTNAV 6 Evaluation Copy Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
chipfork wrote:

A bizarre statement, as others have already mentioned, Microsoft offer evaluation copies for a large proportion of their software as do many other leading vendors.

The only way at the moment to compare Navigation products is to find people with the products on offer or rely on reviews and feedback from the forum. I was lucky enough to find someone with TTNAV6 and another product I was considering and that enabled me to make a decision based on my personal requirements.

As with many PC based packages I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult, if a code isn't entered then it'll work for 5 days or so, just to see what it offers. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: