Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Many Questions....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Many Questions....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TazR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Many Questions.... Reply with quote

Hi,

Have only been a member of this forum for a couple of days, and have so far gleemed a lot of information, my story is this.

I have had a company HP2200 for sometime but never really used it, i have subsequently been looking at a satnav system for the occasional long journey.....so i decided to bite the bullet and make use of it. So far I have so far bought a BT77 reciever and a 512mb SD card, and will probably purchase TT navigator 5...a friend is selling a genuine set of CD's all boxed etc.

But, before i decide to commit i have been testing the PDA and the BT77. I have added the device and paired them, they both connect fine etc...the only nagging thing is that they disconnect from each other after about 2.5 minutes.

Now is this purely because the BT77 is not actually being used by a program etc, or is there an underlying problem that makes it not worth pursuing with TT5, i have read all about setting up with TT5 when it is installed in terms of it being wired, the comm ports etc.

Please can you help before i fully commit, is there a setting i change once TT is installed 9or before) or is what the 2 devices doign normal and disconnecting after that period normal.

Any other advice regards this setup woult be much appreciated and i thankyou in advance.

PS - Sorry for the long post
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Many Questions.... Reply with quote

TazR wrote:
they disconnect from each other after about 2.5 minutes.

Don't know the BT77 so this is only of limited help, but my TT MkIII Bluetooth receiver switches itself off after about 2.5 minutes to preserve battery if it hasn't connected with GPS software, which is quite logical. You'd hope your receiver would do something similar.

I'm Palm OS, so again, not much help to you, but there are plenty of GPS freeware for the PPC market that would make use of your receiver... Hopefully someone else can recommend an application you can get for free that will allow you to reassure yourself that your device and receiver are working fine.

NB - The GPS freeware will use the receiver for plotting/positional information - there's nothing free that will provide any form of mapping as far as I know.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
TazR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great, gives me a certain amount of reassurance.

If anybody can offer me specific advise, running similar to me, or a suitable piece of software i can run on my pc, that would be great!

Cheers
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TazR,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

The BT77 should work OK with TomTom Navigator 5, could you ask your friend to try using the BT77 instead of their own GPS Receiver.

Also certain h2210s won’t work properly with a Bluetooth GPS receiver when using an SD storage card. The simplest way around this is to use a CF card instead.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: