Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6.15 Updating - Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6.15 Updating - Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: 6.15 Updating - Help Reply with quote

I have a Go 300 and no matter how I try it will not update to the new software 6.15. Always freezes at the splash screen and I have to reset. What am I doing wrong.
My Tom Tom has the additional voice camera warnings via Rays Tom Tom site which changes the ttn and date.chk files, could it be something to do with this.

Any help appreciated
dirtyweeraincloud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom 6.15 application is 7.5Mb in size.
You may have to free up some space on your card.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have modified the ttn you must be using the POIExtend application, have you used version 1,1g to build your two files. If not this could be a reason it won't boot, did you ever try using the 300 with just 6,15 loaded on it i.e. no files messed around? - if so did it boot then? - Mike
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: 6.15 Updating - Help Reply with quote

4472 wrote:
I have a Go 300 and no matter how I try it will not update to the new software 6.15. Always freezes at the splash screen and I have to reset. What am I doing wrong.
My Tom Tom has the additional voice camera warnings via Rays Tom Tom site which changes the ttn and date.chk files, could it be something to do with this.

Any help appreciated

If you haven't updated your data.chk file to the appropriate one to work with version 6.15, you will freeze at the splash screen.
I found this out the hard way and it took me some time to realise why.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyweeraincloud - I changed the card when I first bought it so plenty of free space.

mikealder - Mike no I have not tried without the messed about files as I don't have the originals, perhaps as trevor.dowle says I need to build the new files with 1.1 first before booting. I did'nt think of that - dooooooohhhhhhh

trevor.dowle. Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put the update on the machine and see if it will boot, I would have thought you get a new data.chk file with the upgrade (it will be in the installer - at least you do on PPC versions), put the upgrade on the machine and then try to boot it up - Mike
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem.

The v6.15 worked using the original 128MB SD card that came with the Go300 but did not have enough space for POIs and voices.

However when I used a Kingston Elite High Speed SD card (256MB) it ran on 5.44 but for 6.15 always froze on the splash screen.

I had to get a Bytestor 512MB SD card with a read speed of 10MB/s to get it to work. The Kingston SD card whilst being "high speed" only had a read speed of 8.5MB/s.

Search the TomTom site and you will find reference to v6.x needing a minimum speed of 10MB/s

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: