Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Nav 5 memory loss
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Nav 5 memory loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickmon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: TomTom Nav 5 memory loss Reply with quote

I use TomTom Navigator 5 with an IPAQ hx4700. For some time now it has not been storing my favourite locations. When I start the application it appears to have re-set itself, with any favourites gone and no record of recent destinations. Sometimes this wont happen for a few days other times it wipes after a single use. I have tried changing the small slider on the SD card, it makes no difference. Any thoughts?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check what version of TomTom you have loaded on the device, on the early versions there was a memory leak that crashed the device after prolonged usage on the 4700. You should be OK with version 5,21 which is available for free download from www.tomtom.com
Also when you exit the application make sure you use the Exit button from within the TomTom application, don't simply hit the power button etc this can cause problems with software - Mike
nickmon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Still need help! Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Unfortunatley I already have the latest version of TT Nav 5 and I exit the application before switchuing off the Ipaq and it makes no difference, in fact by now each time I use the device it niether stores favourites or records any recent destinations. Any further suggestions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the settings are stored in a single file in the map folder on the memory card, it will end with a file extension of .cfg - check this file is not set to Read Only, if it is simply copy the file to the PC and use Windows Explorer to reset the file attribute to read/ write.
With the file on the PC in Windows Explorer right click the file and select "Properties" uncheck the "Read Only" check box.
Copy the .cfg file back to your map folder on the PDA and your device will be able to store the settings - Mike
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. or maybe u accidentily switched from "unlock" to "lock" on ur sd-card when u put it in or out of ur device. if it is on "lock" then there will be no data written into the cfg-files.

cu Peter
nickmon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Locking/Unlocking SD card Reply with quote

Hell and thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunatley the TomTom SD card does not indicate which is the lock or unlock position on the SD card, how am I supposed to know?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Locking/Unlocking SD card Reply with quote

nickmon wrote:
Hell and thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunatley the TomTom SD card does not indicate which is the lock or unlock position on the SD card, how am I supposed to know?
They all lock in the same way :D , but I can't find a picture anywhere on the web. Crying or Very sad If looking at the card with the "snipped" corner top right, then the slide is locked when pulled towards you.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: