Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I hope its a good idea to dump the tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I hope its a good idea to dump the tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbcbcb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: I hope its a good idea to dump the tomtom Reply with quote

Hi folks

How are you all,

I come across you interesting forum this afternoon after what i would call a nightmare few week!

I have now had 4 Tomtoms, the first one i got was perfect apart from the suction mount, when speeding it would fall down on hitting a bump/pothole in the road and a loose car charger! 2nd one came and was chipped and marked (Not technically tomtoms fault) and the 2nd and 3rd turned on and would not go to the page and would not turn off so was stuck with its opening page! By this time patience had abandoned me. this is a shame as when working, which was not a lot of the time i found tomtom very easy to use and was a pleasure even with its too touch sensitive screen which could drive me crackers!

I have now ordered myself a Mio C510 and want to thank you lot for helping me above the Sony one!

I would steer clear of tomtom as if i was to get a replacement it would have been my fifth, which i think is out of order! I think that to have to keep reconnecting the charger and moving the actual unit at speeds of upto 70mph and sometimes plus is silly and dangerous and when it won't even turn on or off yuou lose faith as to its future and the problems it may cause!

Thanks and good luck

Chris
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cbcbcb.

My TT910 went back after 2 weeks use due to mount and many software issues, as well as needing a back back to carry it around. Crying or Very sad
Take it from me, you will not be disappointed with your C510 by comparison. Thumbs Up

CeeJay.
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand I've been using a TT910 for a couple of months now hand haven't experience any problems, no drooping mount, no freezing,no refusing to turn on etc, etc.

Maybe I've been lucky but the nature of things is generally that those who have issues tell about them, those that haven't don't bother.
miomio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I had a TT.
It was like having my Laptop on the dashboard.
Fixing it to the docking station was just about enough to give hernia.
My car gor broken and it got stolen.
till the day ,I still consider that , as a blessing in disguise Angel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: