Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6 & Voice Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6 & Voice Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: TTN6 & Voice Alerts Reply with quote

Just had it confirmed that adding own voice alerts to data.chk v6.010 (Build 7640 ) works like a charm.

Have inserted 16000Hz & 22500Hz voice files, originally recorded on N80 then converted from amr to ogg using Audacity - ( note - set the sample rate here ).

This is a follow on from 'readroo' asking whether it was possible to do this using TTN6.

Apparently, Yup !!!!! 8)
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to change your .chk files anymore.

Just add your ogg warnings for each type of camera you have in the map directory, and they will be played when turn on the POI earning for that type
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Thanx, but I actually do know the ogg method..... Reply with quote

I do think you may have missed something.

This post point was a response to readroo asking for spoken voice alerts on an N80 running TTN6 & a general Forum announcement.

That's because from his original post ( & the TomTom Mobile crowd, who all responded with ".ogg method incompatible" ), I gathered that the .ogg method would not work. Also, the info was that PGPSW TTNv6 .chk file was incompatible too!! readroo installed this & the voices were wrong.

I don't have a SmartPhone. I don't use TomTom Mobile or Navigator. I trust the info from a 'user' of these items to be correct as I have no way to verify for myself.

So, apparently the .chk method is the only way to go ( unless you know better ) but it needs modding ( details of how I did it are posted elsewhere ).

Are you confusing TTN6 with TT6...?
Did you miss the whole N80 reference?
Thanx for your advice :|
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I though Tomtom6 and Tomtom Navigator 6 were now the same (There is no Tomtom Mobile6 anyway).

I am using Tomtom Navigator 6 on a SE P990i.
I use the speed camera database with the 24 separate speed camera .ov2 files and and 24 separate .ogg files for each type of warning.

These are all stored in the map directory.

When you run Tomtom and turn on the POI alerts for each type, it no longer asks you for the warning sound you wish to hear, as it already knows to play the relabent .ogg file. You still set the warning distance and if it only warns you if the POI is on your route.

This allows you to have individual warnings for each type of camera which also announces the speed as well.

Hope this helps...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: