Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing cameras or are they switched off? (A406 East side)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing cameras or are they switched off? (A406 East side)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete318
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Missing cameras or are they switched off? (A406 East side) Reply with quote

I added a couple of cameras I spotted myself to my POI (so I can verify how accurate my calculations were) so took a little drive. I noticed on the A406 Barking - Wanstead the cameras are no longer shown. Now the one between Ilford A118 - Barking was definately there (on the road). But didn't seem to show. However the one just on the flyover at barking does show. Coming back the one between Barking/Ilford A118 seemed to be there.. But wasn't in the DB. The one between Ilford A118 and the A12 seems not to be on my tomtom DB but IS definately on the road.

On the main map view it is showing them all as greyed out. I know at least two of them ARE there. Just not sure if they're active or not.

Any ideas?
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the exact same question about these missing locations that failed to show on the database on the a406 to a member of the pocket gps world team, BUT did not get an answer.
pete318
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well at some point I'll go out and get the locations of the ones near me and re-submit them. There are so many 'grey' ones I am not sure which ones are the right locations anymore.
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,ve got 5 of these missing locations from the a406 saved on my i3, but i am not gonna submit because i think these are just false cameras which dont operate.You could still try to submit and see what happens.
pete318
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mars.1 wrote:
I,ve got 5 of these missing locations from the a406 saved on my i3, but i am not gonna submit because i think these are just false cameras which dont operate.You could still try to submit and see what happens.
Not sure I believe that.

LSCP has this to say:

http://www.lscp.org.uk/en/cameralocator/cameradetails.asp?borough=542278_187587.xml (South A12 to A118)

http://www.lscp.org.uk/en/cameralocator/cameradetails.asp?borough=542659_186845.xml (North A118 to A12)

http://www.lscp.org.uk/en/cameralocator/cameradetails.asp?borough=543474_185428.xml (North A124 to A118)

http://www.lscp.org.uk/en/cameralocator/cameradetails.asp?borough=543533_185169.xml (South A118 to A124)

So I would guess that means they are active.
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the LSCP is going to reveal which ones are false and which ones aint. I did find a link to a page which tells you about all the different cameras types that are out there, and there was ones which i think are called WATCHMAN that look the exact same as gatsos, which are false and are only there to deter drivers only.But as i said,still submit and see what happens.
pete318
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know for sure those cams USED to be active. And since the SCP lists them.. I'd say they are likely active. I thought that's the point of the whole SCP. They tell you where the cams are. Since everyone now knows where they are (and they're yellow) I am not sure what the benefit of 'empty' cameras would be now-days.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: