Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Some help pleassse
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Some help pleassse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nine2eight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Some help pleassse Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Bought a GPS in Singapore on holidays. It works well and was running smart2go maps from my SD card. I have a Desinator demo CD which I would like to test out for home, my problem is there is no interface from GPS unit to PC. No infra, bluetooth or cable allowance. Smart2go was installed from PC directly to the SD card (ie. didnt need the unit connected). The unit is running samsung2440A CPU, 400mhz,Win CE 4.2 Core O/S. The main screen has options like Navigation, video, setup, music, etc.
Is there a way of instaling software without activesync, etc. I thought maybe instaling directly from the SD card, but there is no interface like a file manager etc
Any ideas?
Thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through the C710 defacement messages in the Mitac/Mio forum. You will have to do the same - break the Windows CE UI and force your way through to a command prompt or file explorer.

Most of the time this is done by replacing the navigation application with TotalCommander for CE (while keeping the original file name).

There is no guarantee that your Pocket PC programs will run on Windows CE but you can of course try.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
nine2eight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok thanks, miotool works ok (keyboard), but the miomap doesnt seem to activate.
No error message or prompts. Is there any other software similar?
Thanks
nine2eight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I have found a filemanager that works now and I'm able to view the unit. This is cool!
Sorry if this is old hat to you guys but I'm still learning!!Laughing Out Loud
I have managed to get in touch with the GPS maker, there is a USB port but they don't connect it out to the unit, so I am going to try to open the unit and see what's what.
One thing I noticed was that the windows language is chinese, is there a simple way of changing the language to english?
Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: