Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameras not on POI on ONE?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameras not on POI on ONE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Cameras not on POI on ONE? Reply with quote

Can't see Safety Cameras displayed on a ONE (ver 6.15), Downloaded as per instructions for GO on the sticky. The .OV2's are in the Great_Britain-Map folder. I see 30+ POIs listed but no Speed camera POI to select. Probably simple finger trouble, help?

Chris
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you Copy the Folders to the Map Folder, or the individual Files?

If you correctly Copied the Files, then try doing a Reset, as this sometimes seems to work.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
byway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Did you Copy the Folders to the Map Folder, or the individual Files?

If you correctly Copied the Files, then try doing a Reset, as this sometimes seems to work.

Thanks, I just tried a reset, but still not seeing "Safety Cameras" which I assume I should see between 'Restaurant' and 'Shop'. Both a press of reset (turns off), and holding reset down whilst powering up. (That displayed a screen of B&W text before starting.)

I did not copy the folder, just put the individual files into the Map folder.
byway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is well!

I was trying to get the TomTom database to work, but after browsing this site more, I downloaded the Pocket GPS cameras and they appear fine. Looking forward to trying them! Thanks for help.

Wasn't sure of the benefits of the Consolidated files over the separate, who finds which best?

I always thought the Mobile cameras could appear anywhere, but am I right in thinking they SHOULD only be set up at the specified accident blackspots?
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byway wrote:
All is well!

I was trying to get the TomTom database to work, but after browsing this site more, I downloaded the Pocket GPS cameras and they appear fine. Looking forward to trying them! Thanks for help.

Wasn't sure of the benefits of the Consolidated files over the separate, who finds which best?

I always thought the Mobile cameras could appear anywhere, but am I right in thinking they SHOULD only be set up at the specified accident blackspots?

I've gone for the middle ground, eg ?5? sets of gatso, traffic lights, mobile etc. Found the single file version too annoying saying gatso for every single category, and couldnt be *rs*d to set up all 27 or whatever different warnings for the full set.

On my one trip since I have done this, about 120 miles, I found that none of the mobile cameras were as marked, eg I didnt see any mobile cameras, and none of the marked ones were there. And some were almost certainly there because some idiot marked traffic master and similar as mobiles.

Tw
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tumbleweed, which database have you got installed? and when did you last update it - one other point exactly where in the country are the cameras that are present on your device that you say are TrafficMaster cams - confused by this as I drive hundreds of miles per week and have never experianced this scenario.

Byway - I use the Speed Zoned set-up as it contains the most information, yes this does take slightly longer to set-up the 24 warnings, but the extra 5 mins is well worth the effort, the type of installation is down to personal preferences though, as for the Mobile locations they can appear anywhere that that has been frequented by a Police vehicle checking speed, I don't think many of the locations around where I live are classed as "Black Spots" but they still sit there - and frequented with the "open backed Police Van" - I would far sooner be allerted to the possibly of a speed trap, and find the location unmanned than no warning and then getting a ticket! - not that I use the Speed Camera database to actually speed, its there as an aid - very useful and accurate
Mike
byway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Byway - I use the Speed Zoned set-up as it contains the most information, yes this does take slightly longer to set-up the 24 warnings, but the extra 5 mins is well worth the effort, the type of installation is down to personal preferences though, as for the Mobile locations they can appear anywhere that that has been frequented by a Police vehicle checking speed, I don't think many of the locations around where I live are classed as "Black Spots" but they still sit there - and frequented with the "open backed Police Van" - I would far sooner be allerted to the possibly of a speed trap, and find the location unmanned than no warning and then getting a ticket! - not that I use the Speed Camera database to actually speed, its there as an aid - very useful and accurate
Mike

It would be interesting to know how random these mobile cams are, The Tax machines on sticks were supposed to just be where accidents had happened, can they sit where they will earn most brownie points or do most good for the public? Do they want Granny doing 35mph or just the racers doing 60+ in an urban 30? If we were being told the truth wouldn't we see the speed limit reminder roundels in the road 200 metres before every accident blackspot, and Cams ONLY there after a sign? See one and speed past at your peril. No need for panic breaking whilst you check your speed and then the current limit, when you have been driving at a safe speed for the conditions. I saw the video of PC Milton, in the Ludlow court last week. One rule for them and one for us. Total disregard for any limits, even when off for a snack and no justification to speed. Rant over. Twisted Evil
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Tumbleweed, which database have you got installed? and when did you last update it - one other point exactly where in the country are the cameras that are present on your device that you say are TrafficMaster cams - confused by this as I drive hundreds of miles per week and have never experianced this scenario.

Mike

This was a drive from Reading to Southampton (M3) and back again (country lanes). There was one 'mobile' location which was exactly coincident with a large sensor on a bridge, M3 just south of basingstoke IIRC. It looks larger than the usual infrared traffic masters, so I believe it to be an ANPR,and indeed it did look very similar to this
http://www.iee.org/oncomms/sector/transport/Articles/Object/4918EF15-C381-E235-4BF20DB08E115B90

There were another 5 or 6 'mobile' warnings, one of them, if it really was a van parked by the side of the road, would have been in an incredibly dangerous position (A27 near Whitely)....maybe thats why they call it an accident black spot if they really do park vans there :-)

None of the locations had a van or anything else there and most of them were at bridges on motorways. Not exactly accident black spots! Now, when there is a very close match between only the bridges that have a traffic master or ANPR,and a so-called mobile location, I begin to wonder!

I have a very recent (August) PGPSW database loaded, its only about a week old.

Tw

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: