Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Madness
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Madness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: POI Madness Reply with quote

I have used my Navman ICN 520 for about a year, I have added many POI files (always less than 25) and all has been well. This week I have updated the speed camera files (Version 4.075) and the whole POI functionality has gone crazy. The problems are not restricted to the speed camera POIs. Despite loading the files as 'Active' with all the options set correctly (audio and visual warnings etc.) I am unable to get audio warnings and unable to set the POI files as 'Active' on the ICN520. Visual warnings seem OK, regardless of 'Active' status issue. I have carried out one soft reset after another, I have reinstalled the latest Navman software update, I have manually cleared all the files from the Storage Card/My POI folder and reinstalled from scratch.

There is no predictability about the problems I experience after each successive reinstall.

Anyone else had the same problems?

Is there an option to carry out a 'reset to factory settings' so I can begin again?

Andrew
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a 'hard' reset? On the back of the device, switch off 'battery' then switch on again. Question
Andrew8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, no improvement.

Andrew
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not seen that problem posted before. Have you tried speaking to a Navman techie Question
Despite some pretty awful comments about their help or otherwise, I have found they will try to help if they have all the problem details...might be worth a try.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I can't give you a solution, I do have significant testing experience.

Before you contact Navman, I would suggest that you try the following:

Start from Scratch without the speed cameras - if you are doing it right, it should work.
Add the latest cameras - does it still work?
If it does, you have solved your problem, but, if it doesn't, remove the latest cameras and replace them with the previous set (you do keep a copy of the previous version just in case don't you?)
If it now works you have identified the latest release as the problem, if it doesn't, for a complete set of results (always useful for diagnostic purposes) start from scratch again and add the previous database, it should work (as it did before). If it doesn't, it would appear that you are doing something wrong.
Andrew8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been logical in investigating and have established that there is no pattern which points to individual POI files being responsible for the problem. I have spoken to the Navman support desk who tell me there is a limit of just 14 simultaneously 'Active' POI files, despite the limit of 25 files on the device. I'm confused as this did not seem to be the case previously. I've asked whether this is a new limit imposed since SP1 as I installed this a few months ago. They tell me the limit has always been there. However it cannot be correct as I have 16 'Active' POI files at the moment!

There is no 'Factory Reset' option other than a complete 'Power Off', but this does not return original settings, it just forces a soft reset.

I guess I'll just have to compromise on the total amout of information I'm able to use, until I can justify buying a TomTom.

Andrew

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: