Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 gone loopy!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 gone loopy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
north_country_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: i3 gone loopy! Reply with quote

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Yesterday I rolled back to V2.7, went out today and it was great, sat lock in 10 seconds, the map never lagged behind, unlike 3.1. But 20 mins later the i3 speedo clocked me as doing 728MPH 8O the map also went mad, then it lost sat lock. Over the summer I moved the position of the i3 from corner of screen to middle as I was worried about it falling out when i had the window open, but until a few days ago it had been fine. This is the second time its gone like this. Anyway I moved it back in the corner and it behaved itself perfectly. Is this a problem that could happen with a weak sat signal or is my i3 doomed Crying or Very sad
dab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought - is your windscreen the heat reflecting type, as these can cause problems.
If you lose sat lock a lot, it may be worth considering a GPS antenna (around a tenner from Maplin).
north_country_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it hasn't mate, its a 16 year old Jag with a normal screen. I've been using the i3 regularly since January and it only started playing up last week. I'm hoping now I have gone back to V2.7 and moved the i3 in the corner of the screen my troubles are over :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: