Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mitac C210 - problem with "Maps of Europe"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mitac C210 - problem with "Maps of Europe"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Mitac C210 - problem with "Maps of Europe" Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I am a newbie to GPS – I purchased my Mitac C210 in June and also purchased the Mio Map V3 for Mio C210 - Maps of Europe – however, after downloading it onto an SanDisk 2GB SD card I cannot access it at all.

My initial e-mails to Mio Support didn’t receive a reply, so I found their Chief Executive’s e-mail address and fired off one to him. He was out of office, but the reply gave me 5 other names and Steven Van Den Eede (Consumer Communication Coordinator) answered my questions initially – then he passed everything over to support.

I have followed their instructions to the letter, but I am still unable to read it at all, in fact they even sent me an e-mail on 20 June(!!) stating “We received 5 email which we have escalated for further investigation. Please do not send new email concerning the same issue it is under investigation. And as soon as we get an answer back we will inform you right away. I hope we have informed you concerning your case. If contacting us in the future don’t forget to mention your Client ID…..”

To their credit they have put answers to all my questions on the C210 FAQ’s, but still not answered why I still cannot access the SD card at all.

All I can find is normal UK navigation and MRE, unfortunately, for me, MRE is absolutely useless as I need post-code navigation on the other side of the channel!!

Anybody got any idea why I get this problem – I am quite happy to write to anyone off board and send them screen dumps of what I have loaded onto my SD card.

By the way – as well as the rather Spartan manual in the box you can access an 80 page manual via http://www.mio-tech.be/support/manuals/PDF/C210/UserManual-MioMap-v3.2-C210-UK.pdf , or a smaller (29 page) version on http://www.mio-tech.be/support/manuals/PDF/C210/C210-hardware-manual-EN.pdf

I already hold the May 2006 version of the larger manual, so they are on the ball with updates (but not answering my question!!?)

Cheers

allan125
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Mitac C210 - problem with "Maps of Europe" Reply with quote

Hi Guys

46 views and no replies!! Am I the only one with a C210 and "Maps of Europe" combination problem?

cheers

allan125
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Maps on SD card Reply with quote

Hi Allan125,

not sure about the 210, but on the 510/710 you need to create a folder on the SD card called Miomap, and a sub folder called Maps. If you simply copy the European maps onto the SD card, the device cannot see them. Also, can the 210 device handle a 2GB card and is it a high speed one?
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Maps on SD card Reply with quote

Hi Ultrax

Yes same thing on the 210 - this is from Steven Van Den Eede "All standard SD cards up to 2 GB will work fine on your C210. Whether you use SD or MMC cards is totally up to you: both will do the job." so the use of a SanDisk 2GB card shouldn't have caused the problem.

And this is the official information from Mio Technology "

The software of the MioiMapV3 DVD does not create the required folder structure on the memory card, therefore you need to create it manually on your computer.

Please follow next procedure to install:

- Insert MioMapV3 DVD in to PC DVD drive.

- Select the wanted language.

- Transmit maps

- Select the wanted map

- Transmit maps

- Transmit to SD/MioMap/Maps

- Create the folder SD/ MioMap/Maps in the root of the SD-memory card.

- Press the “ok” button to start data transmission.

- A message will appear if the data transfer was successfully.

- Put the SD-card in the MioC210.

- Open MioMap/Settings/About/Maps.

- All new installed maps will be displayed here."

everything happened as above, but they aren't "displayed here"!!

I can see the folder and files on the SD card when I plug it into my PC, but cannot access them on the 210. If I try to put in a town, or postcode, that is not in MRE it doesn't do anything!!

If you send me your e-mail address as a PM I can send you copies of the corres with Mio which shows the files that I can see on the SD card but not read!!

I find Mio Tech support very slow in answering, and then to tell me not to write to them back on 22 June, but still not provide an answer by 22 August terrible customer service to say the least!!

cheers

allan125
plester1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Allen,

I am having the same problem, you are not alone. I have tried varous things including

Moving license.db file from root to MioMap\Maps

Formatting SD Card. Which is only a 512MB one and starting again

With no joy

There is another thread with the same problem as well. Mio tech need to get there finger out and do something about it.

Cheers

Paul
plester1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: [b]Problem solved[/b] Reply with quote

Hi Allen,

I have managed to solve the problem

You only have to create a folder called \maps on SD drive not \miomap\maps and the maps show up

Give it a try and let me know

Cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

Paul
plester1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Mpas Reply with quote

Hi Allen,

Also the folder needs a capital M e.g.

\Maps

Sorry forgot to put it on the first post

Regards

Paul Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Maps of Europe problem with reading from SD card Reply with quote

Hello Paul

Thanks for the advice - sorry about the delay in replying but I have just returned from a 9 day trip the other side of the channel where it would have been invaluable!!

However, after Ultrax had dropped me an e-mail advising of your solution I dropped everything and gave it a go - but no joy!!!

The card now has one folder (Maps) containing 21 files, but it still just shows MRE in the country list and, in "About" Maps

Basemap 2006.01
Ireland 2006.01
Major Roads of Western Europe 2006.01
United Kingdom 2006.01+

Can you tell me what you see in "About" Maps ?
I am using a standard SanDisk 2GB SD card - as Mio advises that it would be alright.

cheers

Allan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: