Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - post codes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

post codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honeysucklebill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: post codes Reply with quote

Honeysucklebill here equipment: ttg classic, version 6.52, GB & IE. I don't profess to a techy brain being of the soil, I have never used post code facility whilst navigating to a destination I require far greater accuracy. Having downloaded and installed all the latest stuff I for some reason decided to put in a destination using post code but found I could only input the first half does anybody know if this is correct. I do get a list of road/street names or numbers and can find the street/road that I require.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: post codes Reply with quote

honeysucklebill wrote:
Honeysucklebill here equipment: ttg classic, version 6.52, GB & IE. I don't profess to a techy brain being of the soil, I have never used post code facility whilst navigating to a destination I require far greater accuracy. Having downloaded and installed all the latest stuff I for some reason decided to put in a destination using post code but found I could only input the first half does anybody know if this is correct. I do get a list of road/street names or numbers and can find the street/road that I require.

You need to use the sequence:

Navigate To/ Address/ PostCode

in order to use the full postcode facility.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you need to have a folder called "zip" containing two files "Great_Britain.Postal" and "Great_BritainPostal.ver" on your SD card.
If you haven't got these you won't get full 7 digit postcode search.

You say you have a newish map "GB and IE".
This must have been downloaded from TomTom, and the postcodes file should have been automatically downloaded at the same time.
If you look in "Home" it should be there on your PC in the same location as the map was downloaded to. Copy it across to your Go and it should work fine.
If you haven't got it, contact TomTom, and they should send it to you, (if they know you've bought the map).
honeysucklebill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: post codes Reply with quote

Hello Fanatic

Thankyou for your precise answer problem solved.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I hate that "Fanatic" tag! Laughing But then I suppose a more accurate one would be "sad-sack who spends too much time on forums" and that wouldn't fit in the box!

Glad you got it sorted Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: