Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 5, Ipaq & Navman 3400 Jacket
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 5, Ipaq & Navman 3400 Jacket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 5, Ipaq & Navman 3400 Jacket Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my TT5 droping its satalite connections. I can get a gps signal in around 1-2mins but the problem arises when I navtigate to a address, it looses the lock for over a 1min. This happened over 15 times on a 45min journey.

I have done the following.

1. Updated my Ipaq firmware
2. Updated to pc2002
3. Installed new Navman drivers
4. Installed TT5 drivers
5. Put two layers of silver foil on the back of Ipaq to sheild Jacket.

All this and the problem still happens. Any help would be very grateful as I dont really want to put my Navman smartst software back on as I like the way I dont need to use the pen to put in address's, and TT5 is just very easy to use. Was there a problem like this with TT3? can I get TT3 cheaply and does it come with up to date maps?

Thanks Rob
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant be the only one having this problem! this is the second post about this item and the mods were very helpful last time about setting the Ipaq and getting a lock.

I just cant see why it keeps loosing the GPS signals when it can see about 10 satalites (in grey). It can lock on and gets an average of three bars but can get up to fives bars.

Is there anyway to improve the lock? The jacket doesnt have the socket so the external ariel can be fitted and the car isn't fitted with any special type of windscreen.

Does removing the jacket from the Ipaq when its not being used make any difference? I have put the Navman SmartST pro back on to see if that can hold the satalite lock but I cant find any speed camera poi's for that type of software.

Would down grading to TT5 help me and can I still get up to date maps and speed camera POI's for that software?

Cheers Rob

Cheers Rob
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry should have said downgrade to TT3 in the post above
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wont get updated maps for tt3

if you take the gps out of the car do you get a lock and if you put it back in the car does the signal decrese if so you may have an athermic (heat reflective) windscreen to get it to work youll need an external antena

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Junken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Same s**** Reply with quote

Same problem as Hobbesy.. Crying or Very sad

I have a Ipaq 3850 with the jacket.
With smart St Pro i get connected with sattelites. But with tomtom 5
i dont recive any signals at all.
I dont know if i get an external Gps antenna with sirfstar III chipset and put the jacket in trashcan if it would help?

I will try that if we cant find any other soulotions.
Sorry about my english im from sweden Laughing

//Junken
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,

I finally got the jacket and TT5 to work together but all it did was drop any lock I had all the time. There is an updated Tomtom patch thats talks to the navman and that is how it found the satalites.

I gave up on it and took the wired receiver off Ebay and am gonna use ttat stuff again, I am sure the problem is with TT5 and not the Jacket as it works fine with Smartst and Medion.

I am gonna put the item back on Ebay for sale (where I got it) and hopefully someone else will have more luck.

Rob
Junken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i going to get me a Globalsat BR-355 to connect to my Ipaq today. Hopfully it will work fine with tomtom5. I will tell u if it it does Smile
Junken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say no more.. --===SOLID===--
Globalsat BR-355 and a Ipaq 3850 plugged it in seconds later i got connected with 11 or 12 satellites Jesus. Cost about €77 with cable and all(Navman sleeve for sale) :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: