Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v6.14 - Slow Buttons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v6.14 - Slow Buttons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValleyBluenose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: v6.14 - Slow Buttons Reply with quote

Strange one this. Since updating to v6.14 on my TomTom One I find that it often takes 2, or even 3, stabs at the 'Done' button before the unit completes the task. It's a brand new unit and was working well before the update.

Anyone else having similar problems?
george57l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well If I didn't, in my ignorance, believe that this could not be possible, I would say that the touch screen is a tad less sensitive and needs a stronger 'tap' to work, than it did before 6.14. But I must be imagining it, surely (or did they programme it to take longer to respond to whatever signal is generated by the physical tap on the screen?)
George
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they may have slowed down the response, after complaints about "contact bounce" eg multiple letters when entering names etc.

This is just a guess, no insider knowledge!
ValleyBluenose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find this hard to believe myself and put it, initially, down to either a faulty unit or something gone wrong with the myriad of stuff I have uploaded in the week since I bought it. However,

http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7121

I notice two other people, one with a ONE and the other with a 300, reporting similar problems since the v6.14 upgrade.

Easily overcome with an extra 'prod' but, nevertheless, all very confusing.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hard to believe?
And if they haven't done it deliberately then it is very likely that if the new software is working the processor harder and things are slowing down (screen redraws are reported to be slower too) then its quite likely you would need a longer (as opposed to harder) press to get it to register.
ValleyBluenose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not questioning what you say Andy_P2002, I'm new to all this and just found it a bit of a worry.

Seems this 'might' be deliberate and what I need to do is 'tap' longer rather than 'tap' harder or more often. The harder working processor theory could be the most likely cause as this isn't on every 'action' - I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if it's only on 'processor intensive' changes.

I found the change quite marked so I'm a bit puzzled as to why only a few are reporting this.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that most of us are affected. Snce I downloaded version 6 some of the screens are very slow to change after you press "done", try changing voices and see if yours is the same.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: