Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Gatso Camera's not showing on Ver 4.074 July issue??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Gatso Camera's not showing on Ver 4.074 July issue??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Gatso Camera's not showing on Ver 4.074 July issue?? Reply with quote

Further to my notification to PGPS World of the new camera's that I came across and notified on May 24-2006 & June 12-2006 again they are not included in the new version why ??

I gave all co-ordinates exact location's with postcodes, types of cameras.
But still nothing.

I received confirmation of submiting the cameras on May 24-2006 & June 12-2006 as I sent the details again on June 12-2006.

Can anyone advise (possibly) Pocket GPS World what's going on!

22nd July Ver 4.074 downloaded but new camera sites not included !
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proberley still not been veriefied iv'e been haveing same problem in the end i just posted the locoations on here for someone to veriefie but as usual no one has replyed to post Laughing Out Loud Laughing . some others i sent have now gone on the databank but someone must have reported them before me Sad but they still took like 4 months to get on :o
JT-Mech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same sort of question I was going to ask 8O Reported one in the wrong posistion but not updated as yet, should it be resubmitted or just hold on for a future update.
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT-Mech wrote:
Same sort of question I was going to ask 8O Reported one in the wrong posistion but not updated as yet, should it be resubmitted or just hold on for a future update.

I would say resubmit each month if it has not been changed.
but if like me im'e getting bored of resubmitting cams in the hope someone verifies so iv'e started to post them aswell that way someone knows it needs verifieng/changing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll add my complaint to the list here AGAIN.

Gatso:781@40 (Western Avenue) is reversable. Only shown on Eastbound carriageway at the moment.

Gatso:536@40 (Westway) is on the other carriageway. Eastbound not Westbound.

Gatso:3371@40 (Clifford Avenue) is 30yds earlier than position shown.

New Gatso@50 on North Circular Road just west of Roundabout with Billet Road.

Gatso:4785@50 (M11) is 70yds earlier than position shown.

All of these have been submitted for at least two if not three months, and when I mentioned it last month someone said they would manually check my submission, but still NONE have appeared in any of the last three updates.

So, that is it. PGPSW "team" please note...

From now on I am not going to submit any more corrections until the entire system is overhauled and preferably put back to something resembling the old manual system WHICH WORKED!

I will only post them in here for the benefit of people reading the forum.

Evil or Very Mad
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of cameras in my area which used to be shown in the correct position but since the new system they are now shown wrong.

I've offered a number of times to make myself available (free) to verify cameras in the Medway and surrounding area, others have said they would do the same for their areas, but it appears PGPSW are against the idea. Oh well, the offer is still there.
missing_user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
OK, I'll add my complaint to the list here AGAIN.

Gatso:781@40 (Western Avenue) is reversable. Only shown on Eastbound carriageway at the moment. Should the camera position be then shown in the centre of the two carriageways

Gatso:536@40 (Westway) is on the other carriageway. Eastbound not Westbound.On Garmin maps-CityNavigator v8- this road is single carriageway and the location of the camera shown is 47 feet from the road!

Which direction is earlier?

New Gatso@50 on North Circular Road just west of Roundabout with Billet Road.

Gatso:4785@50 (M11) is 70yds earlier than position shown.

All of these have been submitted for at least two if not three months, and when I mentioned it last month someone said they would manually check my submission, but still NONE have appeared in any of the last three updates.

So, that is it. PGPSW "team" please note...

From now on I am not going to submit any more corrections until the entire system is overhauled and preferably put back to something resembling the old manual system WHICH WORKED!

I will only post them in here for the benefit of people reading the forum.

Evil or Very Mad

There seems to be valid arguments for the system to be overhauled and a new verification system introduced.

At the moment updates are being sent in and not implemented.

There are in-accuracies due to the various mapping systems used for reporting and downloading. Google maps and Garmin maps have different standards
see:- http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43546

Many of the locations of cameras are not on roads and can be as much as 100 feet from a road!

With 10013 locations listed on the downloaded .gpx file on the 22nd july and 9827 on the previous version, who has verified those 200 new locations? Are they genuine?

So many of the Motorway bridges now are camera locations, that I believe that 'newcomers' are reporting 'traffic information cameras/sensor' as possible speed cameras!

Too often the location of the camera is listed rather than the road section or carriageway it overlooks- using Google with satellite view look at Gatso:536@40 (Westway), it is virtually in a garden! On my unit it is 47 feet into the garden!

So Andy_P2002, I think your idea is great, a new thread where we can post for everyone to see the changes we note on our travels.
In the months of waiting to get the official database to add your alterations, you could save many members a lot of 'grief'! If they are entered by Country-Road number then the details, we could see those relevant to our travels!
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strumble wrote:

So Andy_P2002, I think your idea is great, a new thread where we can post for everyone to see the changes we note on our travels.
In the months of waiting to get the official database to add your alterations, you could save many members a lot of 'grief'! If they are entered by Country-Road number then the details, we could see those relevant to our travels!

Good Idea I agree but this does not really solve the problem and only creates something else which needs updating on a regular basis.

I don't think an open discussion about these issues involving PGPSW would go amiss at this stage.

There are so many people with experience in technical areas offering to help out and support here they would be mad not to tap this resource.

Notwithstanding the offers made to verify camreas.

Let's hope this gets sorted out soon!!! Smile

Chris
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strumble wrote:

Gatso:781@40 (Western Avenue) is reversable. Only shown on Eastbound carriageway at the moment. Should the camera position be then shown in the centre of the two carriageways

In order for the "Warn only when on route" function to work on systems that are capable of it, the protocol Richard at PGPSW decided on for dual carriageways was to put an entry on BOTH carriageways. I assume that is still the current thinking?

Quote:
Gatso:536@40 (Westway) is on the other carriageway. Eastbound not Westbound.On Garmin maps-CityNavigator v8- this road is single carriageway and the location of the camera shown is 47 feet from the road!

Hmmm...

Quote:
Which direction is earlier?

Good point Wink On my actual submissions as an OV2 file it's obvious, but I need to make it clearer here!
missing_user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In order for the "Warn only when on route" function to work on systems that are capable of it, the protocol Richard at PGPSW decided on for dual carriageways was to put an entry on BOTH carriageways. I assume that is still the current thinking?

It may be the current thinking BUT it is not fact!

Along the M4 Severn Bridge to Pont Abraham[the end of the M4] are 13 Mobile locations showing their position as technically on a bridge!

Only two locations have a entry on 'Both' carriageways.
Most of the others do not appear on either carriageway [on Garmin units] and can be some distance away!

I use the Garmin POI loader and install the download [without changes to settings] and find the results rather 'hit and miss'!
When the data base is constructed from submissions, there should be a chance that the camera locations are checked/verified to overlay a road or relevant carriageway [90 feet from any road on Garmin units is of little value] What happens to "Warn only when on route function to work" in this case?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: