Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT300 maps of Spain/Europe?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT300 maps of Spain/Europe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nascar9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: TT300 maps of Spain/Europe? Reply with quote

I need some clarification on the maps and versions of maps that I need to buy.
My TT300 has only the GB map it was supplied with, but I need to buy a map of Spain at the very least, buying the whole of Europe may be a better way to go, but looking at various sites I'm a bit confused as to what to buy and which version.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 300 has a detailed map of GB only.

You can download "plus" maps from TomTom. A "plus" map is a single map with the named country in detail and the rest of Western Europe in a lot less detail (main roads only). You will need a bigger SD card to put this on. Or an even bigger SD card to copy your existing card to it and then add the downloaded map.

You can also get the whole of Western Europe as a download of the 7 separate country "plus" maps. Cheaper than buying them one at a time.

Or you can buy the same set on CD and copy them to an SD card.

Or you can buy the 1GB SD card with the whole of W Europe as a seamless detail map. £130 or so? DON'T confuse this with the separate maps download...

If you are flying to Spain, just download the Spain (actually Iberia - Spain + Portugal) map and put it on a card.

If you are driving down through France, you could still get there with the same Spain map. The GO will navigate you along the major roads from your house in GB to the Spanish border, whereupon, the map will have a lot more detail to guide you to your destination.

UPDATE: Just tried to check the details on the TT support site but it's down for maintenance. Maybe the new stuff is coming at last? Always worth hoping - even if TT have a trck record of dashing your hopes! Rolling Eyes
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
nascar9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould
Thanks for your help. I'm minded to go for the complete set of CD's but there seems to be different versions of these.
When you say new stuff from TT is that new maps or ??.
Thanks again
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since TomTom don't publish the map version numbers, anything you buy is a bit of a lottery. Although I think it's probably safe to assume that the downloads are the latest available.

By "new stuff" I meant the updated v6 maps that TT have been promising since "Quarter 2 2006" i.e. anytime after 1st April this year. They are still not available and are now promised "Quarter 3" - so sometime before end of September!! These maps MAY be the same as the ones on the 510/710/910 but when they are available they will work better with the v6 software - which is also "unavailable". I have a 700, so I'm looking at a new map of Europe.

If you are looking to change to a bigger map, then these are available, but the version is unknown. But you have to pay the full price. The discounted upgrade would only be available on a 300 if you want to buy a "GB only" map.

What I'm hoping is that TT will issue a complete new set of "latest" maps soon.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: